Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zazz's LF2 Style Spriting Tutorial IN PAINT! Screw Photoshop/GIMP etc
(09-04-2009, 07:22 AM)Zazz1 Wrote:  You may argue that LF2 style uses these, but you know what? As a spriter who uses both Paint AND Photoshop quite regularly, I can TELL that LF2's sprites were made in Paint and resized, there MAY have been some slight changes in Photoshop and other GFX needing things such as the burning frames and ice frames, but overall the whole sprite was made in PAINT.

I have to say something about this.
There is pretty clear evidence in alot of lf2's sprites that its adopted anti-aliased brushes for the creation of the sprites.

Check the clothes on characters like Bat, Julian, Justin... and in general, the hair of any lf2 characters. There are clear evidences of brushstroke-ish stuff... that really suggests otherwise to your claim that its done primarily in Paint.

Really.. you've stepped into boundaries worse than the scrub you sought to burn on a stake.
You tried to claim that you could see for sure what method Marti used to create his sprite.

But yea, whatever. just pointing that out.
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Want to learn how to sprite from me? (Click to View)
have a request for me? (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
Try resizing a larger sprite like I did. Look, anti-alias!

But nevermind that claim about LF2 sprites being made in Paint, I was just pissed >_>
~Member of the NTSD team~
[Image: sigk.png]
http://ntsd.open-board.com/
Thanks given by:
Thx man, I never thought of spriting with the resizing tool. And yeah paint is way easier to use than photoshop
[Image: bobmar.jpg]
Thanks given by: