Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[CHAR] Jamel - John's little bro
ROMG!
That's surely one of the best comments i've ever got XD ^^ Thx

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  @Char Display

Since I'm at school at the moment, this post is subject to change. However, I would like to somewhat advise against your current way of "displaying" or posting up about your character, just on a couple of points (if that's ok with you, that is).

1. Please explain exactly how the character works. I don't believe it is necessary to include a "half-readme" as a teaser, or include a teaser in your post at all :D. Just put your readme on the introductory post. I'm pretty sure that it you would gain more downloads that way, because almost everybody on LFE is lazy :D, and they want to know exactly what (in terms of content and quality) they're about to load on their hard drives before actually doing it (especially since they have to do the additional work of copy+pasting the data lines onto 'data.txt' and what-not to start playing :D). I'm pretty sure that even you feel the same way about other released characters :D.
Honestly, if i see some good screens (and that's mostly the only thing you will see in the most char treads, next to a simple download link >.>) i will download the char ^^
But you could be right, i will put the complete Readme into the post... though this will take some mins, since it's written in txt-break format... which will mean it will look sucky on a HTML-Page XD...

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  2) Regarding to the logos...they're a bit too big and detailed to serve a logo :D. Now if you call them promotional posters, that's a different story :D. But for logo, the picture should be simpler, and include less... objects :D.
^^
I only use the word "logo" due to i don't know a better english word XD

And since "promortional poster" is to long i will continue using "logo" :P

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  Oh, and about the Character separation and parts. You do know that you can simply wrap all the files up into one archive, and then choose the 'split' option on WINRAR to separate it into smaller files automatically :D.

Nope, i hadn't know XD
But i generally don't use Winrar, but Winzip and THAT doesn't have that option i guess...

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  Jamel Test:

First off, I would like to say that I'm probably one of the only persons who actually tested this character really thoroughly, and the more I play with him, the more impressed I am! This is by far your greatest work yet! Best creativity I've ever seen (man, I've gotta take a peek at that DC coding)! Even I can't think of something like this (and I'm pretty damn big dreamer :D)! *Whew* You deserve a big @$$-pat on the back!
A big @$$-thx :P
(ROFL NOW i got, what @$$ should mean XD hadn't made it out while reading your post)

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  Good Stuff I Noted:

1) The entire concept of elemental summoning and what-not (it's like a fuse of Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic the Gathering, and Little Fighter 2 :D)
I intended to make a fusion of Nemesis, Nohan and a couple of DC ideas, but your fuse-ideas sound nice too XD

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  2) The huge @$$-variety of moves!
And don't forget, it can still get more XD
(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  3) The huge @$$-amount of advanced DC.
I used advanced DC? :?:
Sure, it's not basic DC, but also surely not advanced... things like Pet method or great catchcombos are advanced DC XD
(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  4) Your effort. Despite all the other comments, I know it was hella hard coding all of this, and implementing this seeming pipe dream into an actual character!
Thx again ^^ But honestly this char was way less work then guys like Cleric or so... Maybe the spell system looks compley and time consuming, but it's about 60% copy&paste&change_numbers

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  Note that this is the 4th creation I've tested of yours :D, so I can actually physically see your improvement :D.
^^

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  Ok, now to move onto the only few criticisms I can find.....

1) Confusing Readme: It's a lot better if you post all the detailed, story-related instructions/description in your introductory post (as I've said above) :D. The readme is for instructions, disclaimer, and contact info only. Include only the practical information (aka just simple knowledge on how to use the character, and leave all the other stuff out), especiallyfor an advanced/complicated character like Jamel :D. This criticism is not really about the character, but how you present it, so please don't take this as an insult :D.
Sry, i have to disagree here...
I won't only release this char (same with my other creations) here. Also, may people will download them directly from LFE-Fileplanet WITHOUT seeing this post...

So i see a strong need to put ALL information into the Readme, too ^^

@simple knowledge thingy:
K, sometimes i put in some personal oppinion, but i think, that makes such long texts as my Readme's WAY better readable then only a long row of dusty words...

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  2) Elemental Bugs/Glitches: I know that this is may be known bug/glitch, and that probably there is no possible DC solution to solve it, but the part where all the elementals simply *disappear*, or gets used, and nothing comes out (because not the full amount is consumed, even though they are all present) is extremely annoying, and can really take away the game experience (possibly even under-powering the character :D). Basically, all that happens is that Jamel wastes a ton of mana creating the elementals, and nothing happens :D. You should try your best to fix the bug, even though it may not even be possible to fix it :D.
As mentioned in the Readme this is a WANTED effect...
You maybe noticed, some of the spells are devasting (ever combined a Frostball with an Inferno? a 100% sure hit with over 250 dmg to AT LEAST one enemy for a total mp cost of about 400...), so the system has to be difficult to handle...
And the wasting of "to less elementals" is on the one hand realistic, on the other one challenging ^^

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  Overall, if I were a teacher :D, I'd give you 98%. :D Damn good work!
At everyone else. If you are going to download a character created by Alblaka, you MUST download Jamel first and foremost period. End of discussion.
98%? Wow, thx ^^
I wish there would be a subject LF-Modding on school XD

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  I'll go do my homework now.....
~Solomon Leung

Awww, good luck ^^
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2009, 06:40 PM)SimonLF2DCer Wrote:  I can tell it's very nice char.

Good work! Only need to add some thunder attacks (like mine 4elementum, search for it if You want see him).

Offtopic: Is Your bro coming here (in this forum) too? :D

Yeah... here i am^^

jamel is very nice...
its funny to play him.
Working at:
Binary (Maybe Name will change)
[Image: bin_f.bmp]

Data: 95%
Sprites: 95%
Version 1.0 (Click to View)
o.O

that's all I can say about it, you've improved really uber f***ing much, not that your old chars are bad, but compared to your trio mortale this one is godlike!
I'd give ya 97.7%(mwhaha, less than 1477)

btw, evUl that you ******** some combinations of the legendary hellmoves, it took me some time to figure all of 'em out
Thanks given by: Alblaka
(06-03-2009, 07:25 PM)TheNave Wrote:  o.O

that's all I can say about it, you've improved really uber f***ing much, not that your old chars are bad, but compared to your trio mortale this one is godlike!
I'd give ya 97.7%(mwhaha, less than 1477)

btw, evUl that you ******** some combinations of the legendary hellmoves, it took me some time to figure all of 'em out

Wow, thx ^^ (MEEP! The big MAster-DCer The Nave gave my 97%!)

I guess my idea to combine colorful elemental moves with the move variety of Cleric was a good one ^^

And thx, that you FIGURED and not DCed them out XD

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
Jamel is cretive ,neat and cool character, but its hard for me to pull some his moves(LEGENDARY SPELLS).i get it wrong with the other spells.i guess it should be like that. about the elements u can spawn about 100 i guess but they will still lose to 1 bandit and only keep him busy which is good cause it not stupidy overpower spawns stuff.also spawning elelment thing . u should reduce the mp cost bit or maybe am wrong .

10 elements from meaning like 10 from each ? earth water fire wind = that 40 his neat and cool but hard for more to pull his moves. 10 elements from meaning like 10 from each ? earth water fire wind = that 40?

about the custom moves.my idea is an invisable ball that transform into character + coruse u set his hp to 10.i know he will gain hp with time.

another idea use attack name terror . by that i mean spawn character that last few seconds and has state 14 wait 0 in one frame of the wallking frames. lol it cause com player to run away .

k guess u dont need quality sprite for basic actions (run wallk and etc)for jamel (i mean his body and move not the balls& attack sprites) cause hes super creative character and itbackup for his body sprites(basic actions).

sorry about bitching about his look (green hair??? lol).

it was because that
In general i dont like people repaint the 10 main heros.they still look similar and sometimes ugly.
i do prefer copy paste sprite characters. like Felix from lf2-rn
which is a bat character with sunglasses and green freaze body .

I still think displayed video is better screenshot display .people are lazy and so am i.
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2009, 06:04 AM)Alblaka Wrote:  And thx, that you FIGURED and not DCed them out XD
*cough* uhm, yes, whatever rolleyes
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2009, 11:11 AM)HappyHouR Wrote:  Jamel is cretive ,neat and cool character, but its hard for me to pull some his moves(LEGENDARY SPELLS).i get it wrong with the other spells.i guess it should be like that.

There is a mean twist with the legendary spells...
Up to now, only Nave seemed to got the hidden hint in the Readme, regarding the Armageddon spell etc...

(06-04-2009, 11:11 AM)HappyHouR Wrote:  about the elements u can spawn about 100 i guess but they will still lose to 1 bandit and only keep him busy which is good cause it not stupidy overpower spawns stuff.also spawning elelment thing .
Kinda ^^ If you don't move, but spawn massive elements, due to enemy AI the elements won't move away from your screen... The water elements cannot deal real damage anyway, and the Fire Elements often blow themselves up while waiting for a foe entering the screen, so spamming elementals is, as you said, probably not the best tactic XD

(06-04-2009, 11:11 AM)HappyHouR Wrote:  u should reduce the mp cost bit or maybe am wrong .

10 elements from meaning like 10 from each ? earth water fire wind = that 40 his neat and cool but hard for more to pull his moves. 10 elements from meaning like 10 from each ? earth water fire wind = that 40?
Nope, i meant EACH move takes TEN elementals from the specific element ^^ So 10 Fire for Armageddon, 10 Wind for Tornado etc... and due to the mean twist and the difficult task to make 10 Elementals not getting killed immeadeantly by foes, the Legendary Spells seem to bnot be overpowered :D

(06-04-2009, 11:11 AM)HappyHouR Wrote:  about the custom moves.my idea is an invisable ball that transform into character + coruse u set his hp to 10.i know he will gain hp with time.
Hmmm... would be a nice DC exercise to make a into-enemy-transform-ball ^^ only read some tuts about creating that.
But making a char with 10 hp, which will likely be only a bandit/hunter is kinda nonsense... at least it would be highly underpowered, exspecially, if you have to use elementals (as normal spells) to perform this one ^^

(06-04-2009, 11:11 AM)HappyHouR Wrote:  another idea use attack name terror . by that i mean spawn character that last few seconds and has state 14 wait 0 in one frame of the wallking frames. lol it cause com player to run away .
Won't work...
It would only work, if EVERY char on your side of field would go to state:14... otherwise the enemies will ignore the char and simply attack you ^^
But the idea of an "enemy-scaring" spell would be surely awesome XD

(06-04-2009, 11:11 AM)HappyHouR Wrote:  size=largek guess u dont need quality sprite for basic actions (run wallk and etc)for jamel (i mean his body and move not the balls& attack sprites) cause hes super creative character and itbackup for his body sprites(basic actions).

sorry about bitching about his look (green hair??? lol).
Honestly, i used the RPG and some other tools... the violet body + green hair was the best possible of the 5 channel-choices XD Otherwise i would have had a green coat with violet hair XD
(06-04-2009, 11:11 AM)HappyHouR Wrote:  it was because that
In general i dont like people repaint the 10 main heros.they still look similar and sometimes ugly.
Like people with green hairs? XD
(06-04-2009, 11:11 AM)HappyHouR Wrote:  i do prefer copy paste sprite characters. like Felix from lf2-rn
which is a bat character with sunglasses and green freaze body .
I think, P&C chars are worse then recoloured ones... on the one hand, they look even more similar to the normal chars (exspecially to that guy, they got the head from) and it's way more work to C&P every darn of the 150+ general sprites...
And, btw: This char is (stroy) the brother of John, so i WANTER him to look similar ^^

(06-04-2009, 01:44 PM)TheNave Wrote:  
(06-04-2009, 06:04 AM)Alblaka Wrote:  And thx, that you FIGURED and not DCed them out XD
*cough* uhm, yes, whatever rolleyes

-.-
Dang it...

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
NOW I get it why i couldnt use those spell. i did manage before to pull the Armageddon spell cause A spawn fire elements and i spamed with a lol.

about ball clone thing:
its really simple(i had promlems cause i used captal letter in data.txt and not in data file so it the exe crashed.pretty silly i guess.).

.u could set hp ball clone to hp 200-100. i dont think the elements could damage it enough by mistake to waste too soon. it take them so much time to deal with 100 hp or so . i guess the clone wont get hurt that much and last time enough.

the terror attack i never really thought about it how the ai react with lots spawn arond him.

that make senese that jamel look like his bro i agree.

about the paste characters. yea i guess that take alot of work. i tried too. am lazy too myself to finish it.Unless i find easier program then gimp.

felix is example of good paste character. another good paste character isdjason
http://www.lf-empire.de/lfev9/en/lfe-
fileplanet/characters/326-djason

. i did saw ugly paste characters like woody with herny head dosnt look so well (no offense to that person K?).
am just saying not all paste character are bad.
its mainy depend on the sprites combo .henry face isnt good for pasting sprites.

off topic:

Armageddon spell as same that Armageddon spell in homm3.
did u play heros of might&magic 3.
the game have a spell name Armageddon which hit the whole battle feld same as that Armageddon spell jamel has .there u cant avoid it unless u have the Armageddon sword which protect ur units from that spell or use spell name protect from magic which prevent all spell casting on the unit beside dispell .
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2009, 02:49 PM)HappyHouR Wrote:  about ball clone thing:
its really simple(i had promlems cause i used captal letter in data.txt and not in data file so it the exe crashed.pretty silly i guess.).

.u could set hp ball clone to hp 200-100. i dont think the elements could damage it enough by mistake to waste too soon. it take them so much time to deal with 100 hp or so . i guess the clone wont get hurt that much and last time enough.
That would surely an idea ^^ I put that spell on the To-Do-List XD

(06-04-2009, 02:49 PM)HappyHouR Wrote:  Armageddon spell as same that Armageddon spell in homm3.
the game have a spell name Armageddon which hit the whole battle feld same as that Armageddon spell jamel has .there u cant avoid it unless u have the Armageddon sword which protect ur units from that spell or use spell name protect from magic which prevent all spell casting on the unit beside dispell .

I prefer upgrading a conflux city with the Grail and then using the Titan's Fist spell ^^ 500 dmg, 0 mana XD perfect for Warrior heroes :P

But anyway: Armageddon is a word, generally used for all kinds of something super-strong damaging much with fire.
For example the movie Armageddon witht he big burning commet or every good mage game (with an Armageddon spell of course)

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2009, 04:19 PM)Alblaka Wrote:  
(06-04-2009, 02:49 PM)HappyHouR Wrote:  about ball clone thing:

That would surely an idea ^^ I put that spell on the To-Do-List XD

(06-04-2009, 02:49 PM)HappyHouR Wrote:  Armageddon spell as same that Armageddon spell in homm3.

I prefer upgrading a conflux city with the Grail and then using the Titan's Fist spell ^^ 500 dmg, 0 mana XD perfect for Warrior heroes :P

But anyway: Armageddon is a word, generally used for all kinds of something super-strong damaging much with fire.
For example the movie Armageddon witht he big burning commet or every good mage game (with an Armageddon spell of course)

i have a new idea . u maby thought about it.

use a ball with ik3 state 18(catching allies you know =P) to catch urs allies and teleport them with state : 401 and state: 9 to you. u dont have to use it just on elements.it can be used in state =P.

in mmorpgs u can spawn ur party mates to u using spell.its so just an idea.it would spawn the enemys too lolz.

u could use it as Psychokinesis attack that bring the enemy to u lolz.
Thanks given by: