Poll: how should the sprites be created?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
photo
30.00%
9 30.00%
draw
70.00%
21 70.00%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
a fighting game project, joining
agree with bamboori >_>
Thanks given by: Bamboori
i might join
though i would rather draw myself, because i dont fit in a camera piture well (i am really tall, not really fat XD so i would probably look small compared to everyone else :D )
and i could make myself cooler with drawn pictures :D
Thanks given by:
I tried it once for real.

The proportions of the normal LF2 chars are so extremely FAT compared to real ones. Every char would look slim and tall.
Other than that, it's quite much work to get rid of the photographed background. There are some ways to speed things up, but still it will take forever for about 140 photos.

Well.
Why so pessimistic?
Thanks given by:
well, you just need about 30 pics :D and the style shouldnt be the same as lf2^^
and the bg-part is up to me^^
Thanks given by:
Wait a sec. Can I still use my char? Even though its really not me. But can I use him as a depiction? An exaggerated depiction? :P
Escape is a two-syllable word that grants temporary peace in the present to a future victim.
Thanks given by:
well, if you wanna be an endboss or something you can stay "drawn", but the normal fighters should be photographed (and edited maybe?)
Thanks given by:
A general hint for all the photographers,

it'd be helpful if you'd take a picture while there's just a one-coloured wall behind you.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Bamboori
ok i took a photo of me, here is a preview:
[Image: meeet.png]

LOL JKS
(sorry zab and bamboori for that, i wasnt making fun of you guys, honestly)

The real Alectric Wrote:Sorry to all who have seen this post, it was unnecessary and childish
Again, i apoligise to all who were offended, hopefully this post will be removed soon.

~Alectric

photos take too long :confused:
Thanks given by:
I don't think it is good to take photos for sprite, especially when it is a fighting game. (It would be quite funny though?) :|
Thanks given by:
heh, sounds like easier create 3D model of yourself by photo and animate step by step with creating sprites)
maybe join after first version :D
Thanks given by: