Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[W.I.P] LF2 Data Debugger | Update [4/5/09]
(05-03-2009, 06:51 AM)no one Wrote:  Some bugs:
-There is a weird white dot at the top-left corner behind the sprites when you play as player 3.
-If you press F4 in game, it'll show the red/blue box in the selection menu.
-When you change the sprite facing direction, the box move away a bit.

Beside those, this is spartawesome.

EDIT: Say, why don't you change the x any thing in to centery and centerx instead of the coordinates of where you are standing?

1.White dot = 0,0 ... Where all the stuff is calculated from. It is a feature :p.
2.Fixed :D
3. Do you mean when you turn, and you see it flash for a split second? Not much I can do about that, doing complicated maths ;P.
4. Done :D.

Anyway updated :D. Read first post.

Looking for design suggestions for the editor... I don't think a blank window is good :D.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: no one
(05-04-2009, 03:49 PM)Lord Silva Wrote:  Looking for design suggestions for the editor... I don't think a blank window is good :D.
true
you might first of all want to label every input so we know what it is
and then perhaps align in a similar way to the original data
Thanks given by:
The editor window was brillian. Does it change the code in the dat file when you do in the game too?

Only one thing to complain about: hard to code since there is no label.

EDIT: ninja'd.
Thanks given by:
i just noticed that the first input is actually the frame itself - thats pretty damn neat

now how about adding centerx/y and other values d:

edit:
theres are one/two things i really really could use this for
wpoint(/cpoint) positioning and weaponact(/action)
because for itrs/bdys i usually create/select the areas as i draw/render the spritesheet and thus its usually right in first place (unless its a really complicated combo/juggling(-possibility) move thing) and hence i would only use this to quickly check whether its all lookin good

with wpoints(/cpoints) you cant really do that - you may get the general area where it needs to go - and the angle(/frame) that might fit - but then you really need to test it in action, with several items(/characters) - doing it manually would take even more effort and time
Thanks given by:
can't save
all changes will be lost when close
Thanks given by:
WOT?! i already DCed bit 2 (yes me:D) and i ever had problems with this x, y, w, h... but now the problem doesnt exist any longer.
thank u silva!
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2009, 02:12 PM)kieutuan Wrote:  can't save
all changes will be lost when close

The LF2 programme load the data into the memory. When you edit it with this debugger, only the data in memory will be edited. (At least, you can know the test the value in real time.)

@Silva
So would it be possible to add a "save to data" button?
(It may require an external procedure to edit the data file though.) :O
Thanks given by:
No pictures on the first post :(
Thanks given by: