Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
which state should i use?
i want to make a stage mode, and i want to make a password that you need to crack in order to proceed to the next level
in the stage mode.
so i planned on making a ball that creates 4 switches that can be in 4 different colors, and you change the color by using bdy: 1XYZ.
the problem is that i cant use state: 0 because it wont appear when a ball summons it.
i already tried 9997 and 3000, both didn't work.
so which state should i use?
or should i use a totally different method?
please answer quickly :)
Thanks given by:
(04-17-2009, 09:06 PM)kroksy Wrote:  i want to make a stage mode, and i want to make a password that you need to crack in order to proceed to the next level
in the stage mode.
so i planned on making a ball that creates 4 switches that can be in 4 different colors, and you change the color by using bdy: 1XYZ.
the problem is that i cant use state: 0 because it wont appear when a ball summons it.
i already tried 9997 and 3000, both didn't work.
so which state should i use?
or should i use a totally different method?
please answer quickly :)

State FOR WHICH THING? For a char hitting the swichtes, for the switches, for the ball, that summons the switches...
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
(04-18-2009, 10:46 AM)Alblaka Wrote:  State FOR WHICH THING? For a char hitting the swichtes, for the switches, for the ball, that summons the switches...
oops, sorry
a state for the switches, that use bdy/kind: 1XYZ
Thanks given by:
(04-18-2009, 10:51 AM)kroksy Wrote:  
(04-18-2009, 10:46 AM)Alblaka Wrote:  State FOR WHICH THING? For a char hitting the swichtes, for the switches, for the ball, that summons the switches...
oops, sorry

If they get hit, they will jump to frame "hit" or "rebound" (depending on what kind they got hit). Put in both frame beginnings (20 and 40 or something) a wait:0 and a next:SWITCH_ACTIVATED and everything should work fine...

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: Angel_Adam , kroksy
(04-18-2009, 10:54 AM)Alblaka Wrote:  
(04-18-2009, 10:51 AM)kroksy Wrote:  
oops, sorry

If they get hit, they will jump to frame "hit" or "rebound" (depending on what kind they got hit). Put in both frame beginnings (20 and 40 or something) a wait:0 and a next:SWITCH_ACTIVATED and everything should work fine...
it would work fine if it was a light switch or something, but the problem is that each switch\button (maybe button is a better word for that matter) should be able to appear in 4 colors, and only the right combination of colors will open the next level.
sorry, im horrible with words, and english isn't my spoken language
EDIT: i just tried state: 9996 and it worked pretty good, but i will keep this thread open in case there is a problem i don't know of with this state.
EDIT2: should have guessed... it works only in the first hit, then it just stops being hitable.
so its a new question, because i dbout that a different state will work:
what should i do to make it switch between 4 colors every time i hit it?
i am looking for the easiest method, of course.
the first thing i will try is making the button switch colors by using 2 type: 5 data files, so every time i hit the button it will go to another data file, where i can hit it again.
i didn't tried it before because i wanted to tell you first.
EDIT3: bummer
Thanks given by:
You want the switches to interact with each other and be hitable multiple times...

Sry, but without itr'8s (which will make the swithes teleport onto each other) i don't see a way to solute that...

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: