Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Project] LF2 Ladder [Updated 26/04/08]
Project stopped since marti plans to update lf2 and add this feature or something similar.

PEOPLE THAT WANT TO HELP GO TO THE LFE IRC CHANNEL, I'LL BE ON IT WHEN I'M DEVELOPING!!!! JOIN IF YOU WANT TO HELP!!!

About : The idea is that people that fight will use a modified exe, and when they finish a fight, it will auto send the results to a server. Then you do cool php things to show the stats in a cool way etc etc.

Updated source code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dy1rbnwdvbc << Download that if you want to help develop and stuff

Download release(Modified exe to load the DLL, compiled version of the DLL is also included) :
http://www.mediafire.com/?dy1rbnwdvbc << download that if you want to test the current dll, or test the dll that you wrote(you need to use the exe supplied since lf2 doesn't normally load random dll files:D)

26\04\08 UPDATE:
1) Works online!!!! figures out who the winner is(client or server) and then figures what you are(client or server) and if what you are matches who won, it displays a message :D.

TODO list:
*)Figure out the names of people
1)Get it to send information to server
2)Get server to accept information
3)Get server to show information
4)Organize information
5)Make it more secure are reliable
6)Do cool php things :p(tables, ladders , points ,accounts)

If you want to help but don't have Visual C++ then download the express version here: http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
This sounds cool so far, I really hope you'll get it to work :)
No help from me though, my C++ knowledge is comparable to the understanding a racoon has of rocket physics^^
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
I remade the project with proper name + proper stuff + improved code + moved most of the code out of the exe and into the DLL I'll release an update tomorrow :D.

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
dunno, I guess this is kinda off-topic but... is it possible with that exe-dll-combination to create id-related stuff in the dll? I mean... if that'd work, then there's could be a totally new version created :)
And, maybe new menus, new graphics, new gravity, new everything. If the dll can influence the exe in that way...

or does it just change some lines in the original exe? Well, if that's the case then I could bury my dreams of LF2 v1.10...
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
Lol, ID specific stuff is stuff I haven't worked out... I don't understand the theory behind it and how it works. Same with the other stuff. I'm using a dll for this stuff because it will make coding all the server sending stuff a lot easier than writing it all in the exe (as of now, the dll does nothing I couldn't do easily in the exe :p).

To put it simply, if I don't understand something it doesn't matter how I try and code it because I have no idea what I'm doing :p.

Thanks given by:
Updated on 26/04/08. Can somebody test and tell me if the exe just crashes? Because lauli tried and told me it just crashes :p. If it does try, get http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en the 3.5 net framework and tell me if it fixes it. If it does I'll go mental and try to figure out how I can remove the dependency on that bloody framework.

Thanks given by:
yup it helps - even tho i couldn see it crashing before - pretty much didn even see it starting

edit: i played offline - 1st player vs 2nd com - i won and it tells me haha you suck / loser
and it appears after stages aswell - i suppose this one really only works online?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, it only works online. I'm getting RaMMicHaeL to help with this :D. And the version won't require the bloody frame work since it'll be compiled properly (I actually have the same dll compiled properly, but no reason to release it for now).

Thanks given by:
reason no1:

ppl dont have to download the bloody frame work
Thanks given by:
Yeah, but the current DLL doesn't really do much. And the next version will probably be in proper DLL format:D

Thanks given by: