Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gad's Sprites
(07-04-2014, 09:30 AM)Gad Wrote:  [Image: 1oogg6.gif]
if im reborn like that, i might as well commit suicide...even if i get cool new shiny sleek powerful armor...i cant live with that hairstyle.
back from the dead.....kinda
Thanks given by:
hair and face needs to be redone so he looks badass.. also, not really sure but, I guess something just isn't right about body proportions..
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
imo the mask is not part of julians body, so it should either be fully the same or damaged, but still the same mask.
Thanks given by: Gespenst
(07-04-2014, 01:51 PM)Bamboori Wrote:  imo the mask is not part of julians body, so it should either be fully the same or damaged, but still the same mask.

truth but what if the mask who keeps Julian alive?

nice sprite gad
Useful
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2014, 09:30 AM)Gad Wrote:  [Image: 1oogg6.gif]
Julian Reborn (art here)
Nice! I am not particularly fond of the hair strands sticking out of the mask but each their own. Other than that, it's cool :D
Can't really help myself thinking that he looks slightly weaker than the original, though.

(07-04-2014, 01:51 PM)Bamboori Wrote:  imo the mask is not part of julians body, so it should either be fully the same or damaged, but still the same mask.
Interpretation battle!

I'm slightly biased because of the way YinYin did it:
[Image: b9828928e8eca8f7f2108d8d8f26414e.gif] Shamelessly stealing out of his thread

So, we have two choices: one is Julian just wearing a mask for the lulz, the other one is the mask being an integral part of his body, possibly consuming him. Personally, I could live with either one :p
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
Hey guys. Watch it!

I am some kind of spider-man fan, so I treat Julian just like a Symbiote (Venom/Carnage)

I believe that these of you who watched/read spider-man met the Venom:

The Julian is something just like Venom - a symbiote, which can take controll over the body.
After death of original Julian the symbiote was left with the dead body in collapsing forbidden tower.

After some time the symbiote reunited, but original human body was completly worn-out after the destructive final battle. It decided to move on to take some new control over someone else.

(07-04-2014, 01:58 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Can't really help myself thinking that he looks slightly weaker than the original, though.

Because there is no actual flesh behind the mask. The Julian gains real power only if he takes control over someone's body.
Then his appearance partially changes -the original symbiote look mixed with it's user.

I'm kinda a workoholic.
Something's up here.
Skin or new chara? (Click to View)
Minor fixes are needed, also blur etc. Not finished yet.
(07-04-2014, 02:12 PM)Gad Wrote:  Skin or new chara?
Whole stage mode!

Finish the skin and if you won't lose motivation, go for a new character. From there it'll be nothing to put some bandits and explosions into new data file and call it stage.dat
I can make an edit of forbidden tower, or something.
That's the only making sense way, of realizing boss character, I think.

Orrr just finish the sprites and leave it for Nyamaiku:
Quote:A self-proclaimed better-than-average DCer. I'm willing to work on most projects.
If anyone has the sprites but need a DCer, or you found a fully sprited character that lacks data, just PM me ;)

Either way, I've got some suggestions.
Get rid off any energy attacks of his and make use of this root-like foot.
For example? [Image: e70xax.png]

Also, as he's now weaker(?), you could show by making him unable to jump. Or maybe he just needs to touch the ground to get an energy? That was my first thought, when you showed an artwork.
Simple edits of super punch (without lifting a leg) and this davis-like attack, make him keep heavy weapon in both hands, slower running, actual rolling animation instead of illusion...
Or if you don't want to make him so retarded, again, use a root. [Image: witsm8.png]

Thanks given by: Lauli , YinYin , Dr. Time , Bamboori
(07-04-2014, 01:58 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  [Image: b9828928e8eca8f7f2108d8d8f26414e.gif]
(07-04-2014, 02:12 PM)Gad Wrote:  I'm kinda a workoholic.
Anyone willing to do a whole sheet of my version with the body still present? ... >_>
I kinda wanted to do a stage with that since forever.
(07-04-2014, 02:12 PM)Gad Wrote:  I am some kind of spider-man fan, so I treat Julian just like a Symbiote (Venom/Carnage)
Not a spiderman fan here, but I see the mask in a similar way. I grant Julian (the body) more control over it than the other way around though.

Anyway with the whole sheet I'm growing to like this body less mask more every minute. And once the pure skin is done you should totally consider giving it some morphing abilities as it's not bound to a body and needs to compensate that weakness with some dexterity.
Thanks given by: Bamboori
He looks somewhat different from your sketch. Less liquid-ish.
Maybe it's the chest area that's too defined?

Great nonetheless!
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2014, 02:12 PM)Gad Wrote:  
Skin or new chara? (Click to View)
wow, it would be an honor to work on such a great thing...

about attacks, im suggesting him to be able to use his um...morphing/shape-shifting body (im just gonna call it dark matter) as spikes or tentacles, maybe even becoming claws/axes/hammers/other terrifying shi- to attack.

and about run+D, how about he become a pool of dark matter, slipping through enemies?

my suggested references for movements/attacks:
-Chaos from Sonic Battle (gba)
-Convict's normal attacks (not his morphing power) from Newgrounds Rumble (play it free here)

edit:
im suggesting the reborn version to be more of a "trying to survive and seek power" kind of character...being reborn without his formal power...having no armor to protect him...
he should have more evasive moves and maybe even a move which he can swallow certain enemies(its a whole mod right) to gain health and temporal powers. Eg. he cant do the formal skull blasts until he ate an enemy.
back from the dead.....kinda
Thanks given by: YinYin , Bamboori