Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.82 Average
Girls sprites?
Major Motoko Kusanagi. GITS

[Image: mimk2.png]
Escape is a two-syllable word that grants temporary peace in the present to a future victim.
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2011, 10:50 PM)Zabobula Wrote:  Major Motoko Kusanagi. GITS

[Image: mimk2.png]

Good Zab,but right side need to have bit more shadow
Troll mode activated TwistedDemonEvil
Thanks given by:
Another girl sprite I'm workin on. 2hours so far. But that's only because I was using a method Luti described. I still don't like it.

Zero Louise
[Image: 2j1oda8.jpg]
Escape is a two-syllable word that grants temporary peace in the present to a future victim.
Thanks given by: prince_freeza , LutiChris , Sonic Boom
your best sprite so far!
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
(09-13-2011, 11:00 PM)prince_freeza Wrote:  your best sprite so far!

Seriously?? I actually don't like it.
Thanks given by:
It would be better if the shoes had shading and the picture was png instead of jpg
Thanks given by:
(09-14-2011, 12:35 AM)bashscrazy Wrote:  It would be better if the shoes had shading and the picture was png instead of jpg

It's bmp btw. I just removed the background layer...........wont be doing that again.

And its not finished lol. Those...aren't her shoes...lol
Thanks given by:
http://i55.tinypic.com/2j1oda8.jpg
Last time I checked.. jpg =/= bmp ;)
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2011, 09:47 PM)koori-youkai Wrote:  [Image: yhPng.png]

cisty, from dungeon magic....

Nice, seldom see sprites from you.

First tip: colours.
Right now the colours you pick are all roughly of maximum saturation, and the shades chosen for shading and light are all quite bright. That makes it a bit difficult to see. (Although I think you might have already noticed this.) So try to pick darker, less saturated shades for now.
Also, other than the shades of green, the shades for the other colour are lacking in contrast, thus making the shading almost invisible. The overall effect is the sprite looks rather flat.
In general, try refering Apoc's or PF's sprites for colour selection. They pick colours rather nicely.

As for the proportions and pose related stuff, it looks like you know what you're doing, but just need to spend some time getting used to spriting, since its so much smaller than full sized art.

@Zaboluba:
Nice, I love GITS.
your sprites suffer from the opposite problem from Koori's.
Your colour selection looks pretty decent, possibly coz you have some character references to work with, but could still use more contrast.
Proportions nicely fits the rest of the LF2 cast.
Pose, stiff, but its a natural stage for beginners. I can only say, practice more, think about poses more carefully. Use yourself as a visualisation. How would you stand? does it look natural? does it feel natural? comfortable? Is there a purpose for certain unique poses chosen?
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Want to learn how to sprite from me? (Click to View)
have a request for me? (Click to View)
Thanks given by: koori
New sprite - Kuro from Kurokami:
[Image: bckZ1.png]

Thanks given by: