Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
[released][char]: Reaper.
well, like I said, the movement of the bodom of his cape isn't added yet. But maybe I'll also have to add some more movement in the running frames, thank you.
About the background/scythe: On my computer I can see all of it perfect. There is a big difference between background and body and the scythe is shaded. In every frame, but sometimes wrong. I forgot to change the shading after turning it around.
Maybe I just have other settings.. Or its because I'm spriting in quite a dark room( you can see the differneces between colours better then.) Ok, so I'll also have to fix that. Seems as if I won't be able to make new sprites xD.
So whats about the rowing? does it look acceptable? Or do I have to change it aswell?
Oh, about where he puts his scythe. I first thought to put it behind him, but then I looked at deep. He often has no sword. The problem is, that he should carry the heavy weapon with the right hand( for us on the left side). And thats where he normally has his scythe. I think he shouldn't change the hand...
Edit: Running looks much better now. However, I won't post it today.
Thanks given by:
(03-20-2009, 06:04 PM)Reaper Wrote:  So whats about the rowing? does it look acceptable? Or do I have to change it aswell?
It's quite unique, to say it this way. I think I could get used to it. No need to change, I think. Would you be able to hurt enemies with the rowing? If that's the case, then you should probably make it semi-transparent in order to let it appear a little ghost-ish :P
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
well, I think hitting enemys isn't the idea of rowing. He would also hit balls he wants to avoid, wouldn't he? Could be some kind of strange.
Nevertheless semi-transparent( less opacity and maybe black stripes, right?) rowing seems to be a good idea. I'll try that today.
Edit: looks better.Only the he lines are a bit strange xD.
[Image: reaperv3.png][Image: reaperv3.png]
Thanks given by:
hmm, you can use this transparency-filter, it gives the best results: http://www.lf-empire.de/lfev9/en/lf2-emp...t-pictures

Thanks given by:
I guess this isn't what should happen?
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /lfev9/downloads/graphtuts/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2 Server at lf-empire.de Port 80
Thanks given by:
(03-21-2009, 03:01 PM)Reaper Wrote:  I guess this isn't what should happen?
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /lfev9/downloads/graphtuts/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2 Server at lf-empire.de Port 80
Oh, I see. Well I fixed the error now, you should be able to download it now ;)

Thanks given by:
ok, thank you. Now it works. It nearly the same as my ones, just diagonal, but that seems to make quite a big difference.
[Image: reaperv3.png]
Maybe just one of them will be transparent. I'll try it out myself.
so if thats everything I have to change, my next post should be the whole first spritesheet or something like that.
Nevertheless maybe I'm going to edit my first post sometimes, if someone wants to see how far I am.
Thanks given by:
it looks great but what it suppose to be a ball to attack the enemy,

i think you should make it teleport behind the enemy and it will attack him.
[Image: 2aGKf.png]

My Sprites

Signature Made By DesignHeaven
Thanks given by:
well, it is supposed to be just rowing. I just thought it is easier and it's something special. Atacking enemys with rowing is quite funny, but in my opinion rowing is an important part of the gameplay, so I won't change it.
Argh, I posted again O my god!
Thanks given by:
Couldn't you have made a rudolf ~! dash...
it would look better...than the rowing...
Thanks given by: