Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
[released][char]: Reaper.
ok, i can try it, but i don't think i will ever finish him when I do it like that. However, I can try. But don't expect me to post new sprites in the next time then xD. I'm a bad spriter AND it is my first char, so it could take some time.
Oh when he ist taller, I should use julian or mark as a base, shouldn't I? Otherwise the hoe is too big. Or I'll have to make extra spritesheets for some sprites
omg, it's going to be much work with this char. And I took him, because I thought: no walking, no running, no walking/running with heavy weapons... great.
Thanks given by:
(03-14-2009, 03:54 PM)Reaper Wrote:  ok, i can try it, but i don't think i will ever finish him when I do it like that. However, I can try. But don't expect me to post new sprites in the next time then xD. I'm a bad spriter AND it is my first char, so it could take some time.
Oh when he ist taller, I should use julian or mark as a base, shouldn't I? Otherwise the hoe is too big. Or I'll have to make extra spritesheets for some sprites
omg, it's going to be much work with this char. And I took him, because I thought: no walking, no running, no walking/running with heavy weapons... great.
hehe, do it similar to Louis Ex. Some of his actions are on bigger sheets. The sprites where he holds the scythe regularly go into the regular 99x99 sheet, the special ones into a bigger one ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
yes, that's what I was thinking about, thanks.
I think I first try to change him a bit and to do the spriting of the attacks( plus eventually the datas)
The only things I really have to sprite are:
1. a big hourglass for his attack with the hoe.
2. a lost soul.
3. maybe something for a curse if it's possible in DC to do something like that.
4. the heart coming out of the enemy.Something like that, just smaller(maybe red instead of purple). and of course rotating.
[Image: reaperatk1.png]
[Image: reaperatk2.png]
[Image: reaperatk3.png]
of course I'll improve them. And the soul will maybe look totally different.
Thanks given by:
so before I really work on new sprites: Is this how he should look like?
He looks a bit weird, because I haven't corrected all of the problems with making bigger.
About the shading in the middle BP talked: How can I make it? It isn't like the one the your reaper has, but for something like that my one ist too small I think. So I did it a bit different. Is it now better than before?
[Image: reaperv3.png]
Thanks given by:
Is the scythe metal totally black or does it only look like this? Also, a reaper with pants, interesting concept.....

Thanks given by:
the scythe is just very black. Maybe it's because of your computer settings?
And he has no pants. the black thing in the middle is the back of his cape.
So whats with the shading now?
Thanks given by:
So one last post now. If there's nothing completely wrong with it, my next post will be the full first spritesheet.( or the half first and the second maybe)
[Image: reapertry2.png]
I know that there are some minor mistakes looking quite weird. They are caused by the size-changing and I'll fix them in the end. Everything else would destroy my moral completely xD. Of course there will be some moving of the cape like in the first sprites.( If someone wants to show me the breathing tutorial, please stop and think a bit about what you are exactly doing.
)
clue: thing about reapers in general.
the rowing looks quite differnet, doesn't it? In my opinion a completely dark character with no hairs rowing looks a bit weird. And he is a reaper. He
1. shouldn't touch the ground( not that important)
2. Should make something special.
It doesn't look that bad in game.

So again: Please tell me some general mistakes or that in general he is ok now. I haven't fixed all the little mistakes till now.
If there isn't a very big mistakes I'll just work on my one and won't annoy you anymore xD.( But of course I'll come back again)

PS: As said the thirdlast attacking frames is a bit weird.
And you can also say something to the attacks a few post above.
Thanks given by:
the jumping is quite wired
[Image: 2aGKf.png]

My Sprites

Signature Made By DesignHeaven
Thanks given by:
jumping?
I have no jumping.
You probably mean the running?( third row 1-3)
Yes, its a bit stiff...
Thanks given by:
In any movement-action, you should make his cloth wave a little more behind him (this is also referring to running). In general, any waving animation looks nice with such a char. I don't quite get where he puts the scythe when he holds a heavy weapon.... Also, it's quite hard to see everything, white bg (or even neon-red :P) would work better ;)
Oh, and another little thing, the scythe looks a little non-reflective. And what's a thing that's non-reflective? Rubber, for example. And a scythe made of rubber isn't THAT dangerous. :P (Sorry that I didn't see that earlier but) Could you add some shading to it as well?

Thanks given by: