Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
[released][char]: Reaper.
let me put it like this:
I liked the blue eyes, but i'd think it would look best with a steel scythe. Maybe you can make it a bit steel-bluish.
However, i liked the darkest cape the most.
And also, the hood looks kinda strange and there's no real texture to his cape.
And except for that, there's something that seems...off somehow. dunno really.
But i like the idea of a reaper char.
| Metaknight | G-types | Bottle Skinz | Companion Cube | Art Gallery |
"Do not grieve, it is logical. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."
- Mr. Spock
"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken"
- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
Thanks given by:
@SimonLF2DCer: I finally got it. Of course your right. How could I've been so blind? xD

So it seems that you all of you want to have a dark reaper with blue eyes and a steel hoe. I tried it out and I think it looks quite good.
[Image: reaperv2.png]
I'm thinking a bit about how the hoe exactly will look, but I'll do that on myself. Probably I'll take the dark one
Well, spriting goes harder and harder xD. I'll have to make the colours new( not that difficult) and ad some shading.

In the new sprites I did some highlights. Is that enough? I mean he has no bones or something like that so there aren't much highs or lows. The light colours at the shoulders and the stomach.. I didn't change the for the highlights jet. Well, it doesn't really make a difference because its only about some small parts but I think I should change it. Just for the logic. Or maybe not. It became much more work with all the changes.
omg, I'm working only on changing one sprite a bit. The next sprites I'll maybe post will be light as they were before, because maybe I'll change his style some other times.
To the hood: It looks a bit like an egg, doesn't it? However I think it has to be a bit like that.
Edit: I made walking and standing frames, but GIF isn't working, don't know why...

Edit2: How can it be that bat only has a very little amount of sprites? Is there a problem if I use him as a base?
Thanks given by:
sorry for two post, but otherwise noone would look at this thread again.
here are the first sprites I've done: ( it turned out that I'm quite a bad spriter xD)
[Image: reapertry2.png]
They are not perfect and i'll edit them a bit. Especially the second- and thirdlast( I took them from the first attack) and the moving of his cape in the standing/walking frames. Unfortunately my Gif animator doesn't work...
from the last post:
Edit2: How can it be that bat only has a very little amount of sprites? Is there a problem if I use him as a base?

by the way: I'll also edit the first post, so don't wonder.
Edit: havent't changed the transparent colour of the face yet.
Thanks given by:
dunno looks kinda skiny.
maybe make him a bit more bulky
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
well i think the same wide everywhere would look very boring. even fater would look strange I think. And he has to be quiet small, because he will be in the air. In my opinion reapers are quite skinny. They have nothing to eat xD
Thanks given by:
(03-14-2009, 03:27 PM)prince_freeza Wrote:  dunno looks kinda skiny.
maybe make him a bit more bulky

Well, his body width (:P) is fine, just because the head is comparable big it doesn't look right. Here are some
Reference reapers (Click to View)
to show that they're usually depicted as thin creatures ;)

--

edit: lol, same minute we both posted :P
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: prince_freeza
nice of u to explain bp.
Thanks given by:
So I should make the head smaller? I can't imagine him with a smaller head. I mean the fighters have crazy big hair. What has he?(I can't really see what you are complaining about... Maybe it is that egg-like hood? Or do you mean the wide shoulders? quite strange for a reaper, I have to admitt.)
Thanks given by:
i dont know i just dont something dowsnt look right.
he has a small head either he is skiny.
Thanks given by:
A reaper is a magnificent creature that decides about life and death. Don't you think he might deserve to be a little taller? :P
Then, you could make his cloth wave a little more, similar to this one here: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=2218&pid=32001#pid32001. And as a result, the head won't look so big ;)

--

edit: again, same minute; two posts :P
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: