Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] adding custom moves?
Hello, im new to these forms and I've been playing LF2 for about a year.

I am very confused, right now im trying to figure out how to add a custom move to a character. lets say that i was trying to add a move that i made to template.dat, how do i make template load that move when I hit D>J?
==================
"Rising to Power"
============================

LF2 Original
Thanks given by:
psst, LFE v8.0 (<= clicky) is your friend ;)

I suggest, you should look there, before you ask such questions.

A direct link which would help a lot for this kind of problem is this one: clicky

Read this, and you should be fine.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
I think you're misunderstanding my question, its not that i don't know 'how' to add moves to a character, its that i don't know how to make it load the move, for instance, I am currently trying to develope a player and he is a mod for freeze. I am trying to copy freeze's moves and rename them (custom_ball.dat) and then modify them, but when i play with my custom char. (Chill) he always uses freeze's moves

I would like to know where in the data it tells the character.dat to load a move when a combo is pressed.

P.S. I know this is confusing but i've never been good at communicating idea's
==================
"Rising to Power"

LF2 Original
Thanks given by:

ok, there is still the website called LFE............

and elsewise..........

have you heard about the term oid? There is a value behind it. And this is where data.txt come into the game. (I hope you've already chosen an id for your custom attack-thingy)

You should have a line like that:
id: xxx type: 3 file: somerandomfilepath/filename.dat

replace the xxx with any (not alreadey used) number and the other thing (behind the file:) with your attack's filepath and name.

now, behind your oid, you'll have to write the same id you've chosen in data.txt.

If it still doesn'T work, I strongly advise you to go to LFE and do some research.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
Thank you very much I'll try that right away. Once again, I havn't been D.C.ing very long so im still trying to understand how everything works :)
==================
"Rising to Power"

LF2 Original
Thanks given by: