Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spriting programs
(01-23-2009, 11:49 AM)MH-Razen Wrote:  but it's very hard to use.
(01-23-2009, 11:00 AM)kubamaster93 Wrote:  but it's very hard.
not

could anyone tell me exactly why you think its ... hard to use? ...
Thanks given by:
Well, personally I always use ms paint (cause it's the easiest thing...)
anyway idk how to use an of the lastest stuff...
This thread gave me an idea to go with photoshop or Gimp...
Which one is better? or easier to use (since I hacven't used them...yet)
Thanks given by:
Well, as for me, i mostly use mspaint. Yeah, very simple.
With special moves (ball, explosion, etc) and faces, i use photoshop (kinda suck)
I used to use photo filtre too, but since my computer broke down, i haven't used it any more

and..
YinYin Wrote:could anyone tell me exactly why you think its ... hard to use? ...

Because, those are programs for editing picture, not so special in spriting.
Thanks given by:
Photoshop can do anything that paint can do >.< . You just get a 1 pixel pen and volia... You have paint. Or you can use a 1 pixel brush and it does weird things with weird algorithms to change pixels around where you're drawing so that colors blend together.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
@kaywonn: use gimp or photofiltre at first cause they are free. if you get bored of them cause they dont have THAT much extras, get photoshop or another buyable graphic editor.

btw did anyone here ever tryed inkscape?
Thanks given by:
Myself i use Adobe Photoshop 6.0
yes, 6.0
got it from my mother, better than nothing :P

I heard GraphicsGale is a good program optimized for spriting. Anybody tried it?
| Metaknight | G-types | Bottle Skinz | Companion Cube | Art Gallery |
"Do not grieve, it is logical. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."
- Mr. Spock
"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken"
- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
Thanks given by:
(01-23-2009, 04:40 PM)~Zhyhm~ Wrote:  Because, those are programs for editing picture, not so special in spriting.
there is no special spriting program
Thanks given by:
Adobe Photoshop. Dunno why people say it's hard to use. I don't think so.
Well yea, and for animation puposes, Adobe Flash. Pretty neat combination of these two ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
i use sometimes gimp or photofilter..but most i use photoshop...easy to use and u can do nearly all with it
Thanks given by: