Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is the way in rn-lf
(12-19-2008, 08:28 AM)no one Wrote:  Do you mean you want to make it fly forward? In that case, just note an dvx in every frame.

This checkpoint(berrier) players can not pass
And after they do something checkpoint disappeared ....
How do I do that?
Thanks given by:
First, creat a new frame in all of your char if this is for a mod.
Second, In all of those frame note an bdy with somthing like y: 50000.
Next, In every frame of the barrier note an itr/kind: 8 with the same y values and a dvx which lead to the disappear frame.

That's all. Happy coding^_^
Thanks given by:
(12-19-2008, 09:06 AM)no one Wrote:  First, creat a new frame in all of your char if this is for a mod.
Second, In all of those frame note an bdy with somthing like y: 50000.
Next, In every frame of the barrier note an itr/kind: 8 with the same y values and a dvx which lead to the disappear frame.

That's all. Happy coding^_^

do you havr r-lf?
plz download and watch....
its not your way i think
Thanks given by:
I hate download stuff, my computer's very slow.
Why don't you just show me by video?
Thanks given by:
sometimes i wonder just how some of you who are advanced enough cannot answer in english.

in the stage data, activate the barrier object (I'd think it would be type 3), have an itr kind 14 to block players, and an itr kind 0 with effect 5 (or was it 4?) to rebound any flying ball objects. I think this barrier would be invisible (but you can make it visible in the form of a wall or something).

in the characters' data, you must make sure every frame will be blocked by the barrier, which means in the rowing frames, include an unreachable bdy (only reachable by the barrier's itr kind 14), so that they are blocked as well.

in short,
2 itr kind 14s are needed - normal level (block normal bdys), and unreachable bdy level (to block rowing frames). note that you may just want one itr kind 14 that is huge in the y axis (to block someone from being blown over the barrier).
one itr kind 0 with effect 4 or 5 (it's the one that doesn't hit type 0 objects) is needed. check the lfe reference page for the correct effect.

then, we want the barrier to disappear when either X number of enemies are killed, or the boss is killed. for this, we use an unreachable bdy in the barrier (only reachable by a special attack). This will allow the barrier to go to the hit frames, and this is where you determine whether to remove the barrier (X number of enemies is killed; or boss is killed), or to make it go back to the blocking frames (X number of enemies is not killed yet).

alright so, first way is if you want X number of enemies to be killed. in the hit frames, you must still have the itr kind 14 and itr kind 0. This ensures no one passes through the barrier. here, we also use the hit_a: hit_d: timer. all objects start with 500 hp, and so we use wait: 0 and hit_a: # for the number of hp to decrease from the barrier. hit_a: 50 means you need 10 guys who die to opoint the itr that hits the barrier to bring it to the hit frames. just adjust the hit_a: value according to your wishes. The opoint is using the move-after-death method. again, check LFE

second way is you need the boss dead to remove the barrier. for this, just use the above method, but you don't use the hit_a: timer. just use the next: to frames with the barrier gone.

gotta go. *poof*

Azriel~
Thanks given by: need help! , Silverthorn
(12-19-2008, 10:50 AM)Azriel Wrote:  sometimes i wonder just how some of you who are advanced enough cannot answer in english.

in the stage data, activate the barrier object (I'd think it would be type 3), have an itr kind 14 to block players, and an itr kind 0 with effect 5 (or was it 4?) to rebound any flying ball objects. I think this barrier would be invisible (but you can make it visible in the form of a wall or something).

in the characters' data, you must make sure every frame will be blocked by the barrier, which means in the rowing frames, include an unreachable bdy (only reachable by the barrier's itr kind 14), so that they are blocked as well.

in short,
2 itr kind 14s are needed - normal level (block normal bdys), and unreachable bdy level (to block rowing frames). note that you may just want one itr kind 14 that is huge in the y axis (to block someone from being blown over the barrier).
one itr kind 0 with effect 4 or 5 (it's the one that doesn't hit type 0 objects) is needed. check the lfe reference page for the correct effect.

then, we want the barrier to disappear when either X number of enemies are killed, or the boss is killed. for this, we use an unreachable bdy in the barrier (only reachable by a special attack). This will allow the barrier to go to the hit frames, and this is where you determine whether to remove the barrier (X number of enemies is killed; or boss is killed), or to make it go back to the blocking frames (X number of enemies is not killed yet).

alright so, first way is if you want X number of enemies to be killed. in the hit frames, you must still have the itr kind 14 and itr kind 0. This ensures no one passes through the barrier. here, we also use the hit_a: hit_d: timer. all objects start with 500 hp, and so we use wait: 0 and hit_a: # for the number of hp to decrease from the barrier. hit_a: 50 means you need 10 guys who die to opoint the itr that hits the barrier to bring it to the hit frames. just adjust the hit_a: value according to your wishes. The opoint is using the move-after-death method. again, check LFE

second way is you need the boss dead to remove the barrier. for this, just use the above method, but you don't use the hit_a: timer. just use the next: to frames with the barrier gone.

gotta go. *poof*

Azriel~

there isnt fast way?
or simple english?
Thanks given by:
By the way, I used to have R-LF2 and I found no such thing.
FOLLOW THE RULES!

LFE Forum Rules (Click to View)
Grand Fonic Hymn - Orchestral Arrangement. Arranged by me. I promise it's not horribad.
Thanks given by:
(12-19-2008, 05:43 PM)need help! Wrote:  there isnt fast way?
or simple english?
You cannot expect things always to be easy. This is one of the more simple things, if you don't understand that, I strongly recommend you to check out the DCing section on LFE. And the other DCing tutorials. Because this is really not that advanced....
Simple English? Az uses grammatically correct and easily understandable English. Others, especially people not endowed with English as a mother tongue have way more probs in expressing themselves, thus creating some sort of chaotic sentence structures. As I said, learn DCing first before getting to the real problems. You need to know which term means what, so you can "translate" DC code into your own language to understand the problems and implement them later on....
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(12-19-2008, 07:04 PM)Drahcir Wrote:  By the way, I used to have R-LF2 and I found no such thing.

oh yeh....
its rn-lf
sorry!
Thanks given by:
Well, in that case, >Mainsite search first.<
Thanks given by: