Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Color formatting posts
[] 
Actually some guys in this forum dye their posts continuously. This may look nice on ONE theme and maybe it's fun to do this, but actually users on other themes might have problems with reading your posts.

Like a green font cannot be read on green skin, yellow on mybb (white) skin.

Actually I would please guys which do so in the moment to stop this. If you don't stop it I'll have to create a rule and a new warning type. Why? Well, because everybody in this forum should be able to read everything without problems. The color-function is there to emphasize some stuff in your post!

The actual content of the post is more important than your posts's formatting, your avatar and your sig
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: YinYin
Good point... I mean, they can still have a special font.

TITLE: a idea
make cave for bear?
Thanks given by:
Done.
FOLLOW THE RULES!

LFE Forum Rules (Click to View)
Grand Fonic Hymn - Orchestral Arrangement. Arranged by me. I promise it's not horribad.
Thanks given by:
(11-21-2008, 07:09 PM)snorsorbet Wrote:  Good point... I mean, they can still have a special font.

no problem with this :D
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
Yellow can be read one each skin exept the crappy mybb!
Just disactivate myBB! I do not support you making a new rule!
Even if cirno cant read my post, the text will be blue if you mark it, so I dont see the point why to forbit!
Are you to lazy to mark a text FTW??? Evil

I totaly disagree with that! Just get a better skin (the red one owns!)^^, so you'll be able to read! Or go mark my text to make it blue!
I HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH MY COMPUTER!
Please don't wonder when I suddenly dissapear for a while!
<a href="http://www.techno4ever.net">
[Image: banner01.gif]
</a>
rest of my siggy! (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(11-21-2008, 11:00 PM)Hypermodder Wrote:  Yellow can be read one each skin exept the crappy mybb!
Just disactivate myBB! I do not support you making a new rule!
Even if cirno cant read my post, the text will be blue if you mark it, so I dont see the point why to forbit!
Are you to lazy to mark a text FTW??? Evil

I totaly disagree with that! Just get a better skin (the red one owns!)^^, so you'll be able to read! Or go mark my text to make it blue!

So your post color is more significant and important than a clean white theme for people who don't want a dark, colored forum skin, eh

Colors really aren't that important to begin with, I mean hey if you want people to identify you you have your avatar and signature readily available, the post contents should be all that matters on the long run and neat decoration isn't gonna make it more pleasing to view.

And yeah I don't like having to mark text in order to read it and I doubt you'd like that either, unless you'd like to have a white on white font that makes you feel like you're in some freakishly inversed dark room with a dim flashlight. I'd rather be able to read posts than to see pretty colors, in this case.

And I'm probably not the only MyBB Default user on this forum as well, bear that in mind.

No arguing possible here, it's simply going to be brute forced on you, because using a forum is a priviledge, not a right, if you really want to have it layed out to you in such a way.

I'm sure we really don't want to be one of those really anal forums that keep throwing you out the moment you do something wrong, so we'd probably prefer not having to put up that rule and instead let your common sense take over, or something.
Thanks given by: Silverthorn
actually I support Cirno - I will not deactivate a theme so you can use your yellow colour. If you don't change your mind I WILL create a rule for this. Actually your request for mybb-theme users to mark the text is ... not acceptable.

Your choice, at end of this week (thursday or friday) I'll create the rule.
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
Yeh, why should EVERYBODY who uses the myBB default theme have to mark a whole post? Not that it is much work, but it is VEERY annoying. I liked the idea at first, when only SamuelKPeter had gren posts, but it got screwed up when everybody started to use specific colors in their posts.

To support Cirno the same way a three year old kid would have done it, I change my theme to myBB. As I said before; you can still have a special font.

TITLE: a idea
make cave for bear?
Thanks given by: The Lost Global Mod
(11-22-2008, 12:12 PM)snorsorbet Wrote:  To support Cirno the same way a three year old kid would have done it, I change my theme to myBB. As I said before; you can still have a special font.

i totally agree with that. i will change my theme too.
nobody is too lazy to mark a text but it is pretty annoying when you think about it.
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
You know, this thread would have probably been better if kept locked so how about doing that right now.

It's irrelevant to know if people do support the notion or not and further complaints can be dealt with through PMs, okay
Thanks given by: