Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LFE Mainsite
Yupp. A new mainsite skin would fit now when this other red skin has been released...

TITLE: a idea
make cave for bear?
Thanks given by:
(11-15-2008, 03:07 PM)Zabobula Wrote:  How about updating the theme a little bit? It's kinda...standard. Why not make it a little more...what's the word...new? Like a next generation theme or something. It's kinda hard to explain but I hope you kinda get what I mean.
(11-15-2008, 04:14 PM)snorsorbet Wrote:  Yupp. A new mainsite skin would fit now when this other red skin has been released...
A red mainsite-skin? Uh, just for your information, creating a new skin for the forums takes about 1/10th of the time compared to the mainsite. I don't know if I'll find the time to create more skins there...
Furthermore, I don't know exactly how this will affect the traffic, but a new module as a template chooser would be necessary, that's for sure. And a new module = increased possibility to create errors. I remember, the last time we had a template chooser, the module was creating errors like heck. We can try it but I definitely don't guarantee that this idea will be realized. But thanks for your input ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
Personally I think this would be great as a theme: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/printthread.php?tid=1553

But then again that'd be a lot harder than simply recoloring things, or?
Thanks given by:
Make it simple ;)

Having to search for the menu in a little bar, and this things aren't quite easy and quick.
Working Hyuuken
[Image: promotionfr6.png]

Motivocional Phrases (Click to View)
BRAZIL

Thanks given by:
(11-15-2008, 05:18 PM)Cirno Wrote:  Personally I think this would be great as a theme: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/printthread.php?tid=1553

But then again that'd be a lot harder than simply recoloring things, or?

erm, you want a print-theme? erm, ok you might have heard about it anyways - I work on LFEv9.0 and the articles have a print and a pdf option so far. The problem with the pdf option is that... it often don't act very intelligent :p

for the new theme: I'll not make a red theme for "psychological" reasons. I could imagine Silver for menus and white for background stuff or blue for menus and white backgrounds, some lf images in there. The template chooser in Joomla 1.5 works fine, the problems we had in Joomla 1.0 came from bad templates. Well, we'll see what BP and me can do, but beside this - other ways to improove the mainsite are also wished :D

tipps: download improvement, content improvement, user submissions, registration in front page, template choser and advantages for supporters as examples :p

thx
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
(11-15-2008, 05:30 PM)MH-Razen Wrote:  erm, you want a print-theme? erm, ok you might have heard about it anyways -
Kinda talking about a simple text theme if anything, no fancy background imagery etc - I don't want to print it, just have less eyecandy on the pages and have them load faster.

(11-15-2008, 05:30 PM)MH-Razen Wrote:  I work on LFEv9.0 and the articles have a print and a pdf option so far. The problem with the pdf option is that... it often don't act very intelligent :p
PDFs are horrible, see above regarding what I mean.

This is a worthwhile read: http://port70.net/webless/antiweb.html
Thanks given by:
what about a special
advanced story writer
rank?
Thanks given by:
(11-16-2008, 07:57 AM)Lf2-hacker Wrote:  what about a special
advanced story writer
rank?

erm, for mainsite? I think your suggestion is for forums ;)
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
what about member can login in the mainsite?
Click This For My Signature (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2008, 05:48 AM)XxXxX Wrote:  what about member can login in the mainsite?

to do what? ;)
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by: