Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LFE Downloads
! 
You may have recognized that the LFE downloads often don't work. That's cause the Server where the downloads are hosted is good - but not good enough to resist traffic which is as high as the one we just have. So the server overloads and shut down - downloads offline.

The solution we have:

1. Buy a new server where we can host the compleate LFE, it would cost around 50 or 60 € per month or maybe more. Right now we pay around 10 € per month. With an income of LFE from 1.01$ per day it's 30 $ a month and with this strong euro I get almost nothing for it.
I simply can't afford this. I searched for new methods of gain more stuff but it's hard. For some reason google don't displace the right adds anymore - on LFEv7.0 they did, maybe cause of Meta-Tags, don't know, but I got 4 times more clicks per day - and 4 times more income - will se what I can change there.
The other solution for payment would be a sponsor, but this will be very hard since this site is probably not very interesting and not so well designed :p

2. Less traffic on server no 1.
Now to do this? well, one option would be to delete files, no way for me.
The second solution is to host large files on several external hosts so they've the traffic problem :p
So what I will do now is upload LF2 v1.71, 1.9, 1.9c, 2.0 and LFO trial on external hosts so we've less traffic. In the moment I can't do more and I hope the server will be a bit more stable then ...
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: Hukko
I have a solution, MH:

www.uploadingit.com

10GB storage space
2GB daily bandwidth

100MB max file size

56 supported file formats, Including MP3 files

Hot-linking allowed

Customizable member profile

Your own photo blog

Unlimited flash slideshows

File stat tracking

File download history
Escape is a two-syllable word that grants temporary peace in the present to a future victim.
Thanks given by: MH-Razen , Hukko
In projects there's a list with other filehosts, but this is good, too and I'll add it. thx
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
(10-14-2008, 10:36 AM)MH-Razen Wrote:  You may have recognized that the LFE downloads often don't work. That's cause the Server where the downloads are hosted is good - but not good enough to resist traffic which is as high as the one we just have. So the server overloads and shut down - downloads offline.

I usually don't get to the page that says that the page is offline, but rather a page that says, index of (stuff is in this part)
and yadyadya, and then there is a blank yellow rectangle thing and then nothing happens. Is that what you meant by traffic? or is it the offline page?
Insert witty comment here
Thanks given by:
Well, you could try clearing all your private data...(it works for me)
FOLLOW THE RULES!

LFE Forum Rules (Click to View)
Grand Fonic Hymn - Orchestral Arrangement. Arranged by me. I promise it's not horribad.
Thanks given by:
@stiky101:

Yeh, this happens with me too, but it's because of the server.
anyway it's impossible to download somethin.
Working Hyuuken
[Image: promotionfr6.png]

Motivocional Phrases (Click to View)
BRAZIL

Thanks given by:
no worry I get this error too and I know about it.

Right now I search for other mirrors for LF2 official versions (maybe not LF1, small enough :p). If you find some or if you want to upload the LF2v2.0 file from LFE to other filehosts I would be happy cause you save my time (which is very little these days) and make the site downloads stable a bit quicker :)

Another question: How many guys of you how to handle with torrents? I thought of hosting several of these versions as torrents, too, but this makes only sence if enough people will host it. Will also talk to marti about this ...
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
(10-14-2008, 11:45 PM)MH-Razen Wrote:  no worry I get this error too and I know about it.

Right now I search for other mirrors for LF2 official versions (maybe not LF1, small enough :p). If you find some or if you want to upload the LF2v2.0 file from LFE to other filehosts I would be happy cause you save my time (which is very little these days) and make the site downloads stable a bit quicker :)

Another question: How many guys of you how to handle with torrents? I thought of hosting several of these versions as torrents, too, but this makes only sence if enough people will host it. Will also talk to marti about this ...

I'll be happy to host LF2v2.0 on my uploadingit account. I also know a bit about torrents so that shouldn't be a problem either.
Escape is a two-syllable word that grants temporary peace in the present to a future victim.
Thanks given by:
Mmmm, didn't knew that actually the server overload was with the download of the larger files of the LFE Fileplanet. Since there aren't maaany people who actually visit the mainsite.

Yet we shouldn't reccomend torrent at all costs, there are leechers who are too lazy to seed or else.
"Hmmm, we should call an ambulance... CALL AN AMBULANCE!!!"

Since the "new rule upcoming" I may not keep posting in green... Well, who cared anyway.
Thanks given by:
erm, no offence, but "There aren't maaany people who actually visi the mainsite" is totally wrong. Here in the forums you might find some guys which dont even know the mainsite but it's way older and well-known...

@zabo: wouldn't be a problem. If you can download some of the other official versions and then attach it there I would also be happy..
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by: