Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Picking-Transform"
Lauli
I have a problem:

I made a char, who can transform into another char. During the Transform, he creates a heavy weapon. If the transformed char picks up
this weapon, he should transform into the old char again... The only problem is, that it doesn't work, how I DC-ed it... smilie smilie smilie

The transform should look like this:
[Image: Transform.gif]

[...]

lol, thats just a GIF animation... the weapon has a high bdy like 99999 or somehing. The char who only can pick it up has got an itr kind: 2 with the same koordinates.
then the weapon creates a computer wich catches the char and the char will transform into the other char again... I just thought so, but it doesn't work smilie

The One
can you explain what exacly do you mean (not the last post, the method of pressing "attack" and then transforming).

you would probably put hit_a: somewhere, but i don't really understand.

Lauli
well, only the transformed char can pick this weapon... (it's a heavy weapon) and in the on_hand frames (from the weapon) the weapon will create another object, wich catches the char and leads him to the transforming frame

(it's a little bit complicaded to explain...)

The One
well i was talking to baddevil; i understand lauli's method.

why can't you just put a low cpoint in the object and a low body in the character, and the cpoint will lead to the transforming frames? i don't understand why do you need to create an invisible character for that.

baddevil
yes...
but cpoint is complicated(do you know how to use it???)

and i meant that if he will do a good draw it can be realy cool that he will take that object and will transform(try to imagine it)

Lauli
@ the_one: because a weapon cannot catch a char (i'm a little bit confused now smilie )

[...]

The One
lauli: i think type 3 can't catch either

baddevil20: in other words it should be: cpoint doesn't work on type 1 and 2.

???
It's more simple than it sounds...

say ur gasoline can ovr there is a type 3 object
give it an obscure itr kind 3 to intereact with a matching bdy in the walking, standing, running frames of ur firen
eg
type 3 (gasoline can)
itr:
kind: 3 x: 0 y: 10016 w: 53 h: 49
catchingact: 2 2 caughtact: 301 301
itr_end:

firen standing frame
bdy:
kind: 0 x: 10 y: 10024 w: 47 h: 56
bdy_end:

in frame 301 of ur firen, use state 80XX to transform into a new character with the gasoline can. give it a certain input or maybe the being hit frames where it opoints the gasoline can again and use state 8006 to transform into a normal firen again.

Lauli
@Yoko: But the object doesn't catch the transformed firen

[...]

because I tried it and the Catching only works on other firens with the same bdy: ...

It works with state 18, but then there is this ugly "burning smoke"... smilie
And I just don't want to delete this "burning smoke"

The One
i'm not sure, but you said you don't want to the delete the burning smoke function.

burning smoke is a part of broken_weapon.dat, right? so maybe you can copy those frames again and change the originall, and create (with opoint) the broken_weapon with the new frames wherever there used to be the smoke (some if firen's attacks).

i hope you understand me...

Lauli
anyway... I understand you smilie but... uhm... I think that would be to lot of work... (The Transform is nearly fixed... except some sprite problems...)

The One
so how did you solve the smoke problem? or maybe you didn't?

Lauli
Well... I tried to fix the smoke problem, but that was too much work and I was too lazy to continue... smilie smilie smilie

anyway: here is the finished pyro...
(i am not able to fix the sprite problem, maybe you can help?)

[download not available anymore]

The One
well, but the smoke is only in firen's attacks, right? so it shouldn't be such a hard work.

Lauli
hmmm you're not really right the_one... the smoke is in all characters... think about the burning

The One
you are right, i forgot about that...

and this way you will have to change every character you download, so leave my idea...

The One
hmm... there has to be a way to delete the burning smoke on the thing that Pyro leaves...
(It's difficult I think)

Lauli
well, IF weapons could catch, the bruning smoke wouldn't be there, because you don't need it...

baddevil
so why the hell they are there?!?!?!?!?!

Lauli
because, if weapons could catch a char it isn't a problem, because weapons are neutral... they could catch everyone. But weapons aren't able to catch chars, so I have to use type: 3 (balls) and balls are at the summoned chars side, so they can't catch the summoning char... So I have to use state 18 and state 18 activates this burning smoke

YinYin
weapons can catch a chars - under advanced - heavy weapons - theres the clone stone
the only problem is that even a weapon has a team if you spawn or throw it

Sinow
If you really don't want to see the smoke, then one way around it would be to make the y: in the opoint that spawns the weapon really high up, like y: -30000. Then, you'd have to add a dvy: 550 and centery: -##### in pretty much all of the weapon's frames. Basically, this would make the weapon look like it was on the ground, but in reality it would be extremely high up in the air. So, when you use state: 18, the smoke would appear way above the top of the screen and you wouldn't be able to see it.

You would still see the shadows, but if you wanted to get rid of the shadows, you could probably remove them by changing their state in broken_weapon.

Lauli
@Sinow and YinYin: YAY smilie smilie you inspired me for an Idea... I never Thought about that... smilie

YinYin
i just remembered - in case you have seed lf2 lauli
theres a character in there that can drop and pick up power ups like a sword/gun and other stuff - he transforms on touch with those objects and can transform back and drop it again

im pretty sure that it wasnt a heavy weapon tho - just a normal type 3 object with a kind 8 itr that only reacts on that character - im pretty sure about that
im not too sure whether it actually caught him tho

anyway i might have a look at that and tell you whether it can solve your problem with the burning stuff

to be honest i still didn really get your actual problem smilie - like how well does/did it work now with what flaws? and what exactly did you (try) to use - how does it look like now?

would help a lot unless you already solved it

Lauli
(YAY this topic is in Advanced - DC )
@ YinYin: what's "Seed lf2" ? I never heard about that...

I solved the problem:

The canister is a ball (type: 3) object. Pyro (the black firen) creates it high in the air and the canister creates an "Illosion" of it on the ground (the canister in the air has dvy: 550 ~ thanks to sinow, I didn't know that).
The Canister in the Air have alwais an catching itr with state 18 (with a catchingact, which leads Pyro to the Transform frames) and can only catch the bdy of other Pyros (the black firen)...
The catching - itr: has a high y: (9999999) and in the first Punch frames of pyro (the black firen), pyro has another bdy, which can only get catched by the canister in the air...

It's like you pick a weapon and then you transform.

YinYin
congrats - so whens the whole char finished?

Lauli
hmm... I'm making a whole Mod, where the char will be.
but maybe you can download it earlyer at "Projects and Relaeses", but I don't still haven't much of the mod yet. I'll post it when I get finished 3 Chars (2 are still in progress)

???
I don't really get it... what I posted was pretty much from SEED LF...

Lauli
@Yoko: But the object doesn't catch the transformed firen

baddevil
why not?

Lauli
because I tried it and the Catching only works on other firens with the same bdy: ...

It works with state 18, but then there is this ugly "burning smoke"... smilie
And I just don't want to delete this "burning smoke"

baddevil
so dont delete it
just draw a sprite so it will look good

Lauli
I have already a sprite why should I make a new one??!!

baddevil
you said be yourself that it looks bad
if you will draw another sprite it will solve it

Lauli
Maybe you didn't understand what I said... I said, that the catching only works with state 18, but state 18 activates the burning smoke. With the burning smoke it looks strange...

baddevil
but if its working so its good. if i imagine it corect so it looks realy cool
can you attach it??

Lauli
anyway... the two characters works, but the pick - up - Transform isn't finished... I'll post it if the transform works without any bugs...

Okay... here you go:
(please play the char with F6 bcause the mana costs are not balanced yet)

please leave rating!

The One

i'm not sure, but you said you don't want to the delete the burning smoke function.

burning smoke is a part of broken_weapon.dat, right? so maybe you can copy those frames again and change the originall, and create (with opoint) the broken_weapon with the new frames wherever there used to be the smoke (some if firen's attacks).

i hope you understand me...

Lauli
anyway... I understand you smilie but... uhm... I think that would be to lot of work... (The Transform is nearly fixed... except some sprite problems...)

The One
so how did you solve the smoke problem? or maybe you didn't?

baddevil
i checked it and it looks realy cool, i dont think you should change it but do what ever you want

Lauli
Well... I tried to fix the smoke problem, but that was too much work and I was too lazy to continue... smilie smilie smilie

anyway: here is the finished pyro...
(i am not able to fix the sprite problem, maybe you can help?)

The One
well, but the smoke is only in firen's attacks, right? so it shouldn't be such a hard work.
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: