Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difficulty-Criminals
Blue Phoenix

Well, I was messing around with the stage mode a bit... and I had an idea: is it possible to create objects depending on the difficulty you choose?

The answer: yes, it is possible :)

There is one possibility to make an object-activation dependent on the difficulty, and this is the hp-factor. Only in Normal- and Difficult-mode, the enemies have exactly the number of hp that is set in stage.dat (100%), "Easy" shrinks the hp down to (I think) 66%, and "CRAZY!" increases it to 150% (or 125? or 133? I don't know).
Well, we'll use this difference to set our plan for creating an object...

Let's look at the code...

This goes into a character...
Code:
<frame> 390 test_criminal
pic: 999 state: 15 wait: 14 next: 391 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0 centerx: 39 centery: 79 hit_a: 0 hit_d: 0 hit_j: 0
<frame_end>

<frame> 391 test_criminal
pic: 999 state: 15 wait: 5 next: 397 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0 centerx: 39 centery: 79 hit_a: 0 hit_d: 0 hit_j: 0
opoint:
kind: 1 x: 39 y: 79 action: 396 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0 oid: 30 facing: 0
opoint_end:
bdy:
kind: 1 x: 0 y: 5000 w: 79 h: 79
bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 392 test_criminal_disappear
pic: 999 state: 9998 wait: 0 next: 1000 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0 centerx: 39 centery: 79 hit_a: 0 hit_d: 0 hit_j: 0
<frame_end>

<frame> 396 test_criminal_attack
pic: 999 state: 18 wait: 8 next: 392 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0 centerx: 39 centery: 79 hit_a: 0 hit_d: 0 hit_j: 0
itr:
kind: 0 x: 0 y: 5000 w: 79 h: 79 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0 fall: -1 arest: 8 bdefend: -1 injury: 49 effect: 40
itr_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 397 test_criminal
pic: 999 state: 15 wait: 0 next: 398 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0 centerx: 39 centery: 79 hit_a: 0 hit_d: 0 hit_j: 0
<frame_end>

<frame> 398 test_criminal_opoint
pic: 999 state: 15 wait: 0 next: 1000 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0 centerx: 39 centery: 79 hit_a: 0 hit_d: 0 hit_j: 0
opoint:
kind: 1 x: 39 y: 79 action: 70 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0 oid: 300 facing: 0
opoint_end:
<frame_end>

...and this one into stage.dat...
Code:
id: 30 hp: 50 act: 390

As you can see, the character stays for 14 TUs at the first frame. Why 14? Well, in this sequence, 14 is the lowest TU-value that you can use. Characters are invincible when they appear, so you have to wait...
The red printed numbers are the most important thing in those frames. The value in the character depends on the value in stage.dat. If stage.dat has the number 50 and the character 49, then the criminal won't be activated. The "activator" will be killed before he can activate the criminal in Easy-mode.
But, if you set the injury-value to 50, you'll disable the criminal for Easy as well as Normal and Difficult. This is what cracks me up, you can't differenciate between Normal and Difficult Evil

Anyways, in this example, the character will create a Justin-criminal with exactly 500hp. I think, it's not possible to give the criminal the reserve-feature though, you just can imitate the ratio...
Of course, you needn't to summon a Justin-criminal, you can do everything you want to :)

If you take a closer at the criminal_attack-frame, you'll see that I used state: 18. Either delete the Burning Smoke with MH's method or just activate the object where you can't see it.

btw, I'd recommend to use an id that doesn't activate that pink Com-logo (for example 30), just that it looks better.
Also, since it takes a small time to activate the object, create it in a way that you can't see it (easy in a story-stage, put an almost black image in the foreground and activate then the character).

If you got clubbered over the head now because I wrote too much, sorry, I'm bad at making it short :D

Anyways, have fun :)

Lauli
Well, I know another one (which is probably not so good, because I just thought of it)

Give the criminal a hp: 1 if this is the case you can only see the criminal in "difficult" and "CRAZY!", in the other two it will simply die.

Blue Phoenix
I thought so, too, and I tried it out...
The computer will create those guys, and they'll summon a criminal while they've 0hp. Works like if you call objects with 0hp in order to make a move happen and let them then disappear...
This is why I chose the "longer" method :)

[...]

Blue Phoenix
I just have to find a way, how I can make the enemy disappear...
You know, when that guy has not enough hp, he'll do the falling-stuff...

Oh, yes, another opoint, and this object will catch the "summoner" and make him disappear... that could work... have to think about that...
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: