Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character: Wizard (temporary name, see 1st post)
First post
Most recent update (post #9)
https://lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.ph...#pid208834
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by: LutiChris , FerZ
Memento Wrote:(not sure if he's called Mono nowadays)

Reinald

Memento Wrote:if someone would finish the wizard with good quality, it could go under that name

hmmm Sly
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
Memento Wrote:if someone would finish the wizard with good quality, it could go under that name
BizarreHare Wrote:hmmm Sly

I've always felt like some of these projects couldn't stay left untouched.

Anyway, I don't have anything to say about the sprites, but it's my opinion on the matter ;)
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
Memento Wrote:This isn't even slightly suggesetive, right?

[Image: SzoQRRM.png]

I don't want to be rude but that facepic for wizard is going to give me nightmares, i'll work on one today since im free

>>JA+A
I really love the whole run jump attack! very unique.

D^A
Amazing!

J+J
While he can run jump just fine he can't jump far after the 2nd jump like all the other characters. Is this intentional or a bug? repeatedly hitting the jump at certain points can make him do the long distance jump but its not convenient timing compared to the rest of the characters

D^J
seems a bit OP barely using enough manna anyone could spam without much effort & seriously doing damage to the other player

another thing is im not a big fan of the abrupt disappearance... it could just be the transition because i'm fine when he escapes after injury (freeze's ice ball attack)
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
Thanks!

(08-09-2020, 05:56 PM)BizarreHare Wrote:  [Image: SzoQRRM.png]
I don't want to be rude but that facepic for wizard is going to give me nightmares, i'll work on one today since im free

That's great, thanks! :D

(08-09-2020, 05:56 PM)BizarreHare Wrote:  >>JA+A
I really love the whole run jump attack! very unique.

Thanks. I'm a big fan of his dash attack as well (that's what you mean by run jump attack, I assumed :))

(08-09-2020, 05:56 PM)BizarreHare Wrote:  D^A
Amazing!
Thanks again, I'm glad you like it. Have you tried any D^A + D>A + D^J stuff?

(08-09-2020, 05:56 PM)BizarreHare Wrote:  J+J
While he can run jump just fine he can't jump far after the 2nd jump like all the other characters. Is this intentional or a bug? repeatedly hitting the jump at certain points can make him do the long distance jump but its not convenient timing compared to the rest of the characters
Jump attack didn't have any fitting sprites at all, so I thought having him float (and have other characters float) when he uses jump attack was convenient to do here :D Can be changed into whatever ^_^

(08-09-2020, 05:56 PM)BizarreHare Wrote:  D^J
seems a bit OP barely using enough manna anyone could spam without much effort & seriously doing damage to the other player

Yes, it's a bit OP alright. I think I'll lower the area of effect and lower the injury, but also increase the wait value in the beginning of the move. I plan on adding some sort of sprite or other change.

(08-09-2020, 05:56 PM)BizarreHare Wrote:  another thing is im not a big fan of the abrupt disappearance... it could just be the transition because i'm fine when he escapes after injury (freeze's ice ball attack)
It's in the DJA input, which I will be removing (I considered removing it before). Disappearing happens after frame 200 (ice), so after he's hurt. Simply because frames were missing and he's a magic guy, he can do that stuff ya know ;) Oh, and the rowing sprites are probably the worst thing :P

PS open to suggestions for movesets
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
how's this?

[Image: RCsdpg4.png] [Image: rqzVowV.png] [Image: awgwrOR.png]

original > posterized > blk/wh
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2020, 08:31 PM)BizarreHare Wrote:  how's this?

[Image: RCsdpg4.png] [Image: rqzVowV.png] [Image: awgwrOR.png]

original > posterized > blk/wh
I like first one,second looks Supersaturation.
Sauce,No.1 player in China.
I don't need any fame,because I know who I am.
Thanks given by:
I think the face in itself is good, maybe add more eyebrow and have his hoodie cover his head so that it hangs on the think eyebrows (maybe). And I think we should go for LF2 styled face pics (color use & background mainly) whenever possible (to make it blend in with the original game better).

Update with some fixes: https://app.box.com/s/8f5bdeewxj8aqntc7hoyoewodvout6gl
I'll probably fix more stuff. Starting to like this project :p

[Image: bOc0tVY.gif]

Edit: MIND BLOWN. There is actually a complete character based on these sprites already (have to check for sprite quality, but hey. It looked like an amazing character).
You can find it here: https://lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=10799

What does this mean for the project? Well... I'll continue. We will still need some more sprites. But I might even try drawing them myself if needed. I love Levi's version and would like to use some of his attacks and put the wizard in LF2 Timelapse, if all it needs is creating a sprite or 10 (2 weeks of work for me probably, still worth it XD).

@rewlf2 would it be okay with you? Then maybe I'll get serious about the character after all ;)

PS JC just posted a face pic for wizard online. Nightmares? Yes. Great? That too: https://lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.ph...#pid208814

Edit2: I have decided to continue this project in the coming weeks. I'm thinking the fire chasing move: already adjusting it, but how about a follow-up attack that interacts with the flames? ;) I'm thinking of adding a wind effect to the area where the fire can be, so that I can push the flames (and ONLY the flames) across the screen by pressing attack after D^A. What do you think?
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
I feel like it's best to just post a reply instead of editing my last post. Yesterday I decided to continue this project. Heck, I will even get into spriting again probably. Today I've been able to put in some work, I hope you guys like it.

First of all: the color scheme is different now and suits the character's type of moves better I think. The original wizard sprites remain in the folder, for editing purposes (well actually, they are missing in the recent folder, but next time he'll be in).
His name will be changed as well: Algrat, a nasty boss character below Firzen and Julian.

[Image: C0g0BFy.gif]

Could someone please confirm working link and install?
https://app.box.com/s/gjx2odni9p9eyuwq1ootbibpentb8opg

By the way, this is not even the first real release, not even close. I have only started a week ago, but progress is very solid I think. What do you think of the current changes?
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
(08-11-2020, 07:34 PM)Memento Wrote:  Could someone please confirm working link and install?
https://app.box.com/s/gjx2odni9p9eyuwq1ootbibpentb8opg

yeah it works fine, but the original wizard files aren't in it
[Image: ZHkICNr.png][Image: adGT3Xm.png]
Thanks given by: