Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character: Any one still making lf2 related projects?
? 
Is anyone creating anymore characters and mods? I haven't seen any post from you all last month and i'm worried if you all have been moved from lf2 community. If not please reply.  :'(

EDIT: i'm not familiar with the main LF2 Empire page where characters seem to be uploaded every year at january 20th. I always download characters from that page and i'm worried if lf2 is no more.
Thanks given by: Knight Who Says Ni
Hey, welcome to the forums! @rewlf2 does occasionally post his creations around here, you might want to check them out if you haven't done so. Other than that, you probably have noticed that things are relatively quiet around here.

(02-16-2020, 01:38 PM)Dinothundah Wrote:  EDIT: i'm not familiar with the main LF2 Empire page where characters seem to be uploaded every year at january 20th. I always download characters from that page and i'm worried if lf2 is no more.
It doesn't follow any specific schedule or rhythm, those uploads just happen when I have gratuitous amounts of time on my hands (as it's me who's supposed to maintain the site). There are actually a couple things planned to be uploaded but I just can't get around performing the overhead work before releasing. Considering it's been a while since the last update, I guess it's about time... Wobble
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: MangaD
(02-16-2020, 04:22 PM)Silverthorn Wrote:  Hey, welcome to the forums! @rewlf2 does occasionally post his creations around here, you might want to check them out if you haven't done so. Other than that, you probably have noticed that things are relatively quiet around here.

(02-16-2020, 01:38 PM)Dinothundah Wrote:  EDIT: i'm not familiar with the main LF2 Empire page where characters seem to be uploaded every year at january 20th. I always download characters from that page and i'm worried if lf2 is no more.
It doesn't follow any specific schedule or rhythm, those uploads just happen when I have gratuitous amounts of time on my hands (as it's me who's supposed to maintain the site). There are actually a couple things planned to be uploaded but I just can't get around performing the overhead work before releasing. Considering it's been a while since the last update, I guess it's about time... Wobble

Thanks for the notify. And i was worried rewfl2 might not come back due to hong kong dispute and stuff. Still, any thread is a good news to me.
Thanks given by:
Man I really want this game to be re-developed in modern style. These characters are unique af!
Thanks given by:
Hi. I won't repeat the story of people "getting busy with real life" and so on. (It's funny to think I registered about a decade ago. Hoho, maybe now I should got with Uncle-A).

In fact, there's actually a fairly active community on Discord that was somewhat an outgrowth of LFE. It started as a place where people would discuss about threads on the forums, but in the end people started exclusively posting on there. So in a sense, it has backfired on LFE as a forum.

I find it horrible, not just from a sentimental point of view, but also from a practical one: Any artwork/mods/fan-games/engines/..etc showcased on Discord does not get properly archived. So even if you go there now, you can try scrolling up in the channels, you'd find something cool but sandwiched between lots of hodgepodge. And when you do find something cool, good luck on finding fragments of updates in the chat logs (if there are any).

Here's some stuff:

Freeze-Ex is working on a very cool reskin of Davis.
[Image: c93f7d5a59.gif]
There's more on that, but I won't link to more in hope he'll decide to show it off here himself.

Luigi600 is working on a graphical character editor. See video.

MangaD and the HF (Hero Fighter) community seem to have made a lot of progress in modding Hero Fighter. Every now and then, he shares some pretty cool gifs/screenshots; some even featuring LF2 characters modded into HF. I can't seem to find them quickly, but they're somewhere in the logs..

NX (I think) is working on a new LF2 inspired game engine :P. He mentioned it once or twice when I was there, but I don't know the details.

Something has also been mentioned about a new NTSD3 by the original team using the Alkarter modified exe or similar.

Come on folks! #makeforumhipagain

Edit: and of course, last but not least, there's STM's very impressive efforts in a pretty technical LF2 mod for the competitive crowd called "LF2 rebalance".
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Silverthorn , Bamboori , Jahvansi , memskey
(02-29-2020, 09:56 AM)A-Man Wrote:  Any artwork/mods/fan-games/engines/..etc showcased on Discord does not get properly archived.
(...)
MangaD and the HF (Hero Fighter) community seem to have made a lot of progress in modding Hero Fighter. Every now and then, he shares some pretty cool gifs/screenshots; some even featuring LF2 characters modded into HF. I can't seem to find them quickly, but they're somewhere in the logs..

Yes I agree with you. I haven't made any progress on modding HF though. It's on the hands of the Chinese community and @Dragon5 now. The Chinese are the ones making a lot of custom stuff, but their tutorials are in Chinese and they don't post their stuff on HFE very often because of the great firewall of China causing them problems. But they have a lot of content and their QQ chat group almost 1500 members.

It's not like I have forgotten to properly organize their stuff, but I've been busy and it seems I'm the only one concerned with it right now... :D

Here you can find many screenshots and gifs by them: https://imgchr.com/mangad

Here are some awesome moves to exemplify:

[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by: A-Man , Dinothundah
(02-29-2020, 11:10 AM)MangaD Wrote:  
(02-29-2020, 09:56 AM)A-Man Wrote:  Any artwork/mods/fan-games/engines/..etc showcased on Discord does not get properly archived.
(...)

Yes I agree with you. I haven't made any progress on modding HF though. It's on the hands of the Chinese community and @Dragon5 now. The Chinese are the ones making a lot of custom stuff, but their tutorials are in Chinese and they don't post their stuff on HFE very often because of the great firewall of China causing them problems. But they have a lot of content and their QQ chat group almost 1500 members.

It's not like I have forgotten to properly organize their stuff, but I've been busy and it seems I'm the only one concerned with it right now... :D

Here you can find many screenshots and gifs by them: https://imgchr.com/mangad

Here are some awesome moves to exemplify:

That's very awesome. I never thought someone would actually mod hero fighter. What are the names of the mods in the gifs?
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2020, 08:05 AM)Dinothundah Wrote:  What are the names of the mods in the gifs?

I don't know. The Chinese make a lot of experiments but release only a few mods. Some of them are in HFE and some aren't yet. You can find the ones that are here.
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2020, 08:49 AM)MangaD Wrote:  
(03-03-2020, 08:05 AM)Dinothundah Wrote:  What are the names of the mods in the gifs?

I don't know. The Chinese make a lot of experiments but release only a few mods. Some of them are in HFE and some aren't yet. You can find the ones that are here.

I downloaded them and i have no idea how to work them properly. Maybe there is some kind of cheat codes to unlock characters like Lf2 did? lf2.net etc. :s
Thanks given by:
(03-13-2020, 07:34 AM)Dinothundah Wrote:  Maybe there is some kind of cheat codes to unlock characters like Lf2 did? lf2.net etc.  :s

If you have just registered in the game, then you start with only 3 characters and gain more as you beat stage mode in hard mode. But some characters are premium and you only get them if you buy. When you register you may get a false error saying it failed, but it didn't and you may log in. Cheers. :)
Thanks given by: Dinothundah