Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heavy weapon characters
???
I was bathing and the I started running through the DC stuff that various ppl had said. I suddenly rmbred abt DL's heavy weapon character theory. But then I immediately asked myself, how could I get it to work with all those default falling and on ground frames to emulate the standing and walking frames (etc) of type 0 data?

Sinow
Hmm... Well, one problem with the heavy weapon method is that characters automatically drop the weapon as soon as they are hit, even if they have state: 7, so I dunno if it'd be possible to emulate falling frames at all. However, you can emulate jumping, rowing, and dashing. A while back, I posted a bandit edit that I made that could do this stuff, but the link is down.

???
can u plz upload it again? I'd like to see how it works... because I want to try sth with it smilie

Sinow
sorry for the delay, here it is:
[savefile deleted file]
Don't expect much, i was just messing around

Pretty simple actually, just editing the heavy weapon frames in character to let the character do different stuff. Like transforming without using another data file.

The One
I do not quite understand what you are talking about... Can you link me to the place where he said that?

Sinow
Where who said what? I quoted you from this very thread.

DL posted about it in the official forums, but the theory is what I described.

Its basically changing the heavy weapon frames so you can use them for something other than holding heavy weapons, thats basically it.

The One
I meant 'where did DL write it?' because I don't know who is he and I do not visit the officials a lot... so I would be happy if you'd post a link...

Can you give an example to the use of the function? (Like posting a dat file which has this method)

I'm sorry if I'm annoying, please don't be mad at me... because I feel that I ask WAY too much...

YinYin
indeed
http://lf2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1245&start=0
it was funny how he thought that MH wouldn be able to answer it :9

edit: too bad i wasn there at that time - to be honest it never really sounded like darklord actually made it work - if i read his posts it looks more like a theory lol

and tomywcs solution to the actual problem there is a lot better - on top of that he made a thing with heavy weapons in robotical lf2 before that - and that was a lot neater - not the same tho

edit2: btw im thinking on trying that "heavyweaponchar" thingy out for another sprite challenge when the 40 frames one is finished

The One
Wow that's very advanced... but also very intersting...
I still need to read it again so I'll make sure I understand...

EDIT: I hope someone still reads this-
I think I saw it in there but I'm not sure anymore, so I wanna know:
Will this method ruin the normal heavy weapons for that character?
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: