Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI is not doing most of character's moves
I want to know how to make the AI do the moves from the move-list. Leumax EX from Little Fighter 4 Turbo has a lot of special moves that the AI never does, the AI pretty much only walks , jumps and attacks. What do I need to edit in the data changer to make the AI do his moves?

This is the data for LeumasEX.dat
Thanks given by:
AI in LF2 is hardcoded into the game's EXE.
Only the specified ids in data.txt have AI, and cannot be changed by regular DCing.

You'll either want to replace the id, share the id(which will cause .lfr recordings to fail), or...

You can write your own custom AI if you learn AI scripting, which involves using a 3rd party script to inject code into the EXE itself.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
Is there no simple way to change which moves the AI uses without learning how to make a script or replacing the ID ? i mean how come the people who make their own Little fighter character has proper functioning AI, without knowing how to make a script? do they all just replace the ID with another character's?
Thanks given by:
Yes, that is exactly what they did.

Either they shared or replaced a character id in data.txt, or they have an ai written in angelscript that is injected with ddraw.dll.
There is also the possibility of editting the EXE directly, or DCers who cleverly manipulated the character's moveset to give the illusion of AI(such as my Flying Kicker Bandit), but the DC faking method is pretty advanced and would also never feel like a proper character when used by a human player.
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Thanks given by:
how do you edit the EXE directly?

ok, but you know how to edit the AI with script? Is there a tutorial on how to do this? DO you also know how to copy the AI of another character?

STM1993 edited this post 07-23-2019 01:14 PM because:
I have no idea how to do EXE edits myself, and its much harder than AI scripting or changing ids.
Thanks given by:
I have no idea how to do EXE edits myself, and its much harder than AI scripting or changing ids.

Check AI Scripting.
There is unfortunately currently no way to copy an AI from another character from the ddraw script itself, but fortunately you don't have to write every single function of the AI, you only need to write in the conditions for them to use their special moves.

You can search for Nyamaiku's "Jackass" for a very good example of a simple ego AI, which still calls on the basic no-move AI but gives him special move behavior that resembles original LF2's.
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Thanks given by: