Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[char] gets hit, endures hit and spawns opoint (how to?)
I felt like doing some data changing and now I want the character to do the following whenever he gets any hits that don't break his defence (state: 7): the 'weak' move hits the character in the specified frame with state 7, the character endures the hit and finishes off in the next frame. I'd also like an opoint to be spawned with a special effect around the character. I want it to spawn exactly when he endures it, as a direct response to the enduring. How can I do this?
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
(05-15-2019, 06:01 PM)Memento Wrote:  I felt like doing some data changing and now I want the character to do the following whenever he gets any hits that don't break his defence (state: 7): the 'weak' move hits the character in the specified frame with state 7, the character endures the hit and finishes off in the next frame. I'd also like an opoint to be spawned with a special effect around the character. I want it to spawn exactly when he endures it, as a direct response to the enduring. How can I do this?
There is one possible way to go about it, albeit a bit of a hack since there isn't really a good way to make a hit detector in LF2 outside of the self-catch method(which unfortunately, won't work with state 7).

This method takes advantage of the fact that hitlag exists in LF2.
1) Have copies of the same defense frame with wait 0, but with different hidden bdy.
2) These frames will opoint a ball(with wait 1; wait 0 is too fast) that checks for the hidden bdy of the current frame via an itr(such as itr kind 8).

Now, normally an opointed ik8 like this is not fast enough to detect the bdy of the frame it was opointed from.
However, if you get hit right at that frame, hitlag triggers, freezing the frame for 5tu and thus allowing the ik8 of the ball to function.
This ik8 would then teleport the ball into the character's position(z+1) and also go into the frame specified in ik8's dvx value.
You don't have to worry about the pushing power of an attack that hits the defending char, since the ik8 triggers during the hitlag where the char is unable to move.
This system also works if you want the char to have an itr during this defense state, though the amount of hitlag for hitting something else is 3tu rather than 5tu.

The disadvantage of this method is that multiple characters using the same move in the same area can be a bit of a problem.
Since itr kind 8 is used, it also means that it would necessarily override any healing from other sources of ik8, such as John/Sorcerer's D^J. Jan's angels are not affected by this.

EDIT: You can also make the ball be state 18(friendly-fire), be below the ground(to prevent burning_smoke from spawning) and use ik3 + cpoint to catch the character. This can get rid of the ik8 heal problem, and in the first place there is no need to use ik8 since you don't have to worry about blinking. Note that the ball needs to be in state 9 for the cpoint AFTER the ik3 frame. The char doesn't need state 10 in the cpoint frame, so the char isn't forced to drop his weapon. This method will also let you control the exact frame of both char and ball instead of just the ball.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: Memento