Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fixing Grammar
My Goal is to take the words in the dictionary & attribute them to x amount of groups. Each of the groups has its own words & sub-groups based on a shared characteristic

The problem that I'm having is when a specific group is chosen & the contents (i.e. the other sub-groups) are chosen the output reveals poor grammar. I have to manually adjust the word so it fits correctly and this is annoying. Is there a way I can get proper grammar structure from a randomly generated combination of words? Is it possible to organize these words in a proper sentence based on "Parts of Speech" (i.e Adjectives, Adverbs, Conjunctions, Determiners, Nouns, Prepositions, Pronouns & Verbs)

Here's an Example:

Code:
BAD SENTENCE STRUCTURE
Group 1        Group 3                Group 8
I AM            Extremist (noun)        Annoy (verb)

GOOD SENTENCE STRUCTURE
Group 1        Group 3                    Group 8
I AM            Extremely (adjective)        Annoying (adjective)

"I AM + Annoying (adj) + Extremely (adj)" wouldn't make much sense unless it was
"I AM + Annoying (adj) + Extremists (plural noun)"

These were some neat ideas I found on youtube regarding Predictive Text
Any suggestions?
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by: Nithin6777
You need to properly deconstruct your language into atomic bits first. "I AM", for example already fulfills the "subject/noun ('I') - verb ('be')" part which would be the most simple sentence structure in English. Therefore, the next nouns would usually be objects (accusative case). Freely jumbling between nouns, verbs, and adjectives may seem intuitive because English likes to recycle words without changing anything (see Declension and Nominalization, for instance). However, they are completely different phrases in terms of grammar, so you'd first have to get the framework right (see Grammar/Theory and Constituency relation).

...on that matter:
(06-12-2020, 11:50 PM)BizarreHare Wrote:  I AM Extremely (adjective) Annoying (adjective)
"extremely" is an adverb. If you categorize it as that, the sentence would probably turn out correctly as well.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: LutiChris
Silverthorn Wrote:"extremely" is an adverb. If you categorize it as that, the sentence would probably turn out correctly as well.

Woops yeah i didn't do too well in english class but im willing to revisit this as its crucial for my project, thank (♀) you (⛢) Silverthorn.
I was thinking something along the lines of this... clicke ...where the user fixes the grammar & filler & the program will remember the sequence for the next time this pattern occurs in a reading.
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by: