Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character: rifle guy
Introduction
so i decided to make a char out of boredom and decided to post, made him like a marine soldier from one piece.
also i'm very lazy so i made it simple but i had fun making him.

Description
nothing special really, a simple soldier with a gun.
normal attack shoots
D+A hits with the rifle for close range
D>J is a stronger shot that takes 250 mp
D+J does a front flip to dodge
that's pretty much it

here is how he looks
[Image: BOYetTc.png]

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ww28w9kney...e.rar/file

enjoy

Attached Files
.rar   rifle.rar (Size: 495.15 KB / Downloads: 97)
Thanks given by: LutiChris , Sevendogs , NewToTheEra
Liking what I see of the sprite in the screenshot, decided to download so I can try when I'm free.

I could download but couldn't open the rifle.rar file, could you fix the download?
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
what exactly is the problem? it worked for me
Thanks given by:
I too am getting an 'archive is damaged or corrupted' error, maybe your upload of the .rar file bugged out! Perhaps you can try to upload it again? Maybe attach it to your post here

But principally, I like the concept of such a simple character.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Cabba
added as attachment, tell me if it works, if not i'll try uploading again.
Thanks given by:
Nice character. tho the animation needs some polishing, it is still of fairly high quality. a few points concerning balance and moves tho:
1: his forward roll has way too much forward movement despite costing 0 mana. he is uncatchable as long as he devotes himself to running away. spamming it makes him move a bit faster than louisEX (tested)
2: if you press the attack button too fast he dosen't shoot.
3: his damage is really low, which makes him kinda boring to play.
4: dirty pixels in some moves/actions (for example walking, or his DA)
5: why the broken icicles effect on his d>j?
6: wpoint when he throws weapons are really messed up.

overall, a character of respectable quality that simply needs some polishing and a facepic.
(also the mediafire link worked just fine for me)
make sure to check my sprites!
I guarantee your eyes won't hurt! At least, they won't hurt too much :p !
thanks for the comment. i kinda know about the last three problems but didn't really feel like working too hard on him. i'll work on all of these when i'll feel like it.
also, his damage is low because i thought of him as a minion not a "main" character.
but thanks a lot for the critic i appreciate the effort.

oh and i'm not good at the facepic stuffs soo i just put something together
Thanks given by:
I also forgot to say one thing, the way he's holding his shotgun is quite weird.
i was half joking about the facepic issue, it's not really important.
also, i believe he's a bit too powerful for a minion
make sure to check my sprites!
I guarantee your eyes won't hurt! At least, they won't hurt too much :p !
Thanks given by:
Redownloaded, but this time I used winrar to open the file instead of 7zip and it worked.

Overall Comment: Cool concept, amateurishly executed (can be fixed with lots of polishing). A minion that is both too weak and too strong at the same time.

Details:
* Character jerks around even when standing.
* Dirty pixels, as well as pure black colour in some spots resulting in transparent spots on his body.
* Character magically changes in size during his rifle swing frames.
* The transition from stop_running to stand/walk frames is very weird due to the rifle's position.
* Wpoint locations are kinda messy.
* Heavy weapon throw needs one more frame.
* Messed up grab & throw centering.
* Instant dash attack!
* Character can still pick up light weapons normally by pressing A while rolling(aka D+J). Also failed to take into account the fact that if the character gets hit while trying to throw, he'd go back to standing eventually and can swing the weapon as per normal.
* D+J is an instant roll. Too much movement, no z-axis at all, and it doesn't feel like there's any gravity or inertia as his somersault feels extremely linear.
* Character mysteriously moves forward slightly each time he shoots.
* Shotgun blast is actually just one projectile and has a shadow and doesn't actually change in zwidth as the sprite expands. I can understand if you don't want an actual multishot for balance reasons, but it does feel weird.
* Pressing A too fast doesn't shoot properly. This can be fixed by having the hit_a NOT go to the opointing frame directly (give at least a wait 0 delay before nexting into the opoint). Personally I recommend just removing the hit_a entirely.
* Rifle smack is too slow.
* Supershot (D>J) creates ice effect because frame 200 was used for the projectile. Don't use frame 200 because it is hardcoded to create ice blocks.
* Stats are based on Bandit. It should be tweaked to adapt the sprites - I feel he moves a bit too slow(ignoring the somersault).
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
^well, can't help it now, and i thought of him as like a stronger version of hunter
EDIT: this was meant for mad mask

i fixed some of the things, shooting fast works, DJ uses 70 mp, cleaned some of the dirty pixels and raised his damage a bit.
i'm probably not gonna fix the Wpoint issue, or maybe i will i don't know.
new link is up in original post, hope this one is better.

STM1993, nice points there, lots of things i didn't think about, i'll see what i can do about them.
didn't put too much effort and i guess its showing, i'll at least make him more playable and less buggy
BTW, i never got the iceblock issue, screenshot maybe?
Thanks given by: