Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Julio Armor
Hello everyone,
I am having a little problem with julio's armor.Why it also gets damage from partner.Can anyone guide to change data for preventing his armor from partner?
Thanks given by:
This is because Julio's "armor" is actually a heavy weapon(eg: a rock).
Julio himself can't get hit, its the armor that gets hit, and since it is a weapon type, it can get hit by teammates. It will also be instantly destroyed by bdefend 100 attacks like Julian's D^J or D>J, and can be destroyed by F9.

There isn't a way to fix this.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
Hi everyone,
Is there anyway through which I can change julio's armor from heavy-weapon to its own possessed armor just like louis but unlike louis armor I want it to also get damage but not from teammate.Can anyone guide me to change data for this?
Thanks given by:
Please keep this to one thread.

Quote:Hi,
So you said julio's armor is an object like a rock.Is there any way to change its data so that it gets less damage from julian's soul bomb and similar powerful attacks.Please can you guide me for its data changing?
You'll have to change the powerful attack rather than Julio's armor.
Copy and paste the itr. Now you will have two identical itrs. Change the first one to have bdefend 62 and effect 4.

(02-11-2018, 03:57 PM)Abdul Moiz Wrote:  Is there anyway through which I can change julio's armor from heavy-weapon to its own possessed armor just like louis but unlike louis armor I want it to also get damage but not from teammate.Can anyone guide me to change data for this?
That'd be HEX editting of the lf2 exe file(which is much more difficult and pretty much no one knows how to do), not achievable with DCing.

There is one other DC armor method you can consider which I don't consider a fix because it completely changes the way Julio's armor takes damage.
Make Julio's armor have a different bdy so that it cannot be hit by normal means. Give or use whatever hidden bdy Julio himself has.
Also make Julio's armor constantly opoint a hit detector. Better to just opoint ONE hit detector and make it follow Julio around with itr kind 8 vrest200 hitting the hidden bdy. Probably a type 5 would be best.

What would happen is that whenever the type 5 takes damage, it will go into the same injury frames (220, 222, 224, 226, 180, 186). It can be hit by fire/ice, but it doesn't go to 203/200.
In those injury frames, you can put an itr that can hit only Julio's armor.
You don't have to worry about the armor changing teams because its being hit by a type 5 that belongs to your own team, and you don't have to worry about burning_smoke from using state 18 to make it hit the armor because the armor is a weapon that can be hit by "allies".

The main downside to this solution is that attacks would have strictly only up to 6 possible damage values(generally just 4 because 222/224 & 180/186 are just getting hit in the opposite direction) instead of having the damage directly match the attack that is hitting Julio. But I think this is still an acceptable tradeoff. The other thing is that type 5 can get hit by itr effect 4. The only alternative to type 5 is type 0, but that would leave an ugly "Com".

The reason why I'd suggest opointing one type 5 to follow you around instead of constantly opointing a type 5 is so that you don't get hit by the same vrest attack multiple times in a row. This does mean a few things:
1) You'll need an additional itr kind 8 & hidden bdy to detect whether Julio is jumping, and fake the hit detection since there is no way to follow on the y-axis.
2) You'll have to use dvx550 dvy550 dvz550 to make sure the detector doesn't get pushed away.
3) Having more than 1 Julio in the game will create problems.

Good luck.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2018, 03:57 PM)Abdul Moiz Wrote:  Can anyone guide me to change data for this?

I am fairly certain that there is no way to properly achieve this via pure datachanging.

If you are planning on bundling together a mod, then you may rely on exe-edits allowing this:

1) DLL framework: https://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=2246
2) Neora: https://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=9499

Either one of these has the capabilities to alter armor on an ID-basis. Depending on how much you wish to tinker around with extra-features, it's up to you which platform you might want to choose ;)

Edit: oh boy, @STM1993 is particularly ninjy today!
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2018, 10:37 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  Please keep this to one thread.

Quote:Hi,
So you said julio's armor is an object like a rock.Is there any way to change its data so that it gets less damage from julian's soul bomb and similar powerful attacks.Please can you guide me for its data changing?
You'll have to change the powerful attack rather than Julio's armor.
Copy and paste the itr. Now you will have two identical itrs. Change the first one to have bdefend 62 and effect 4.

(02-11-2018, 03:57 PM)Abdul Moiz Wrote:  Is there anyway through which I can change julio's armor from heavy-weapon to its own possessed armor just like louis but unlike louis armor I want it to also get damage but not from teammate.Can anyone guide me to change data for this?
That'd be HEX editting of the lf2 exe file(which is much more difficult and pretty much no one knows how to do), not achievable with DCing.

There is one other DC armor method you can consider which I don't consider a fix because it completely changes the way Julio's armor takes damage.
Make Julio's armor have a different bdy so that it cannot be hit by normal means. Give or use whatever hidden bdy Julio himself has.
Also make Julio's armor constantly opoint a hit detector. Better to just opoint ONE hit detector and make it follow Julio around with itr kind 8 vrest200 hitting the hidden bdy. Probably a type 5 would be best.

What would happen is that whenever the type 5 takes damage, it will go into the same injury frames (220, 222, 224, 226, 180, 186). It can be hit by fire/ice, but it doesn't go to 203/200.
In those injury frames, you can put an itr that can hit only Julio's armor.
You don't have to worry about the armor changing teams because its being hit by a type 5 that belongs to your own team, and you don't have to worry about burning_smoke from using state 18 to make it hit the armor because the armor is a weapon that can be hit by "allies".

The main downside to this solution is that attacks would have strictly only up to 6 possible damage values(generally just 4 because 222/224 & 180/186 are just getting hit in the opposite direction) instead of having the damage directly match the attack that is hitting Julio. But I think this is still an acceptable tradeoff. The other thing is that type 5 can get hit by itr effect 4. The only alternative to type 5 is type 0, but that would leave an ugly "Com".

The reason why I'd suggest opointing one type 5 to follow you around instead of constantly opointing a type 5 is so that you don't get hit by the same vrest attack multiple times in a row. This does mean a few things:
1) You'll need an additional itr kind 8 & hidden bdy to detect whether Julio is jumping, and fake the hit detection since there is no way to follow on the y-axis.
2) You'll have to use dvx550 dvy550 dvz550 to make sure the detector doesn't get pushed away.
3) Having more than 1 Julio in the game will create problems.

Good luck.
How will be the data changing look like?Can you please send me screenshots?I have no knowledge about data changing.Thanks
Thanks given by: Sevendogs
Hi,
STM1993 can you please send me screenshots of data changing for julio's armor to work like that of louis.You recently told me but I don't know anything about data changing.
Thanks given by:
Hello everyone,
I want to change julio's armor from object to its own possessed armor.Can anyone send me the screenshots of data changing for this.I don't know anything about data changing.

STM1993 edited this post 02-15-2018 03:53 PM because:
Please stop spamming new threads just because you didn't get a reply.

If you don't know how to DC, then you shouldn't even be attempting to mod Julio because his data and the alternative solution I suggested are both pretty difficult things to do. Start modding something else and get better at DCing until you are able to understand my suggestion.

If you want to get started on DCing, I'd like you to download "YinYin's VDC" (google it) and read these 3 pages, and compare what you learned to what you see in all the original LF2 characters:
https://www.lf-empire.de/lf2-empire/data-changing/types
https://www.lf-empire.de/lf2-empire/data...e-elements
https://www.lf-empire.de/lf2-empire/data...ence-pages

And I'm not willing to post screenshots and such on how to DC this specific thing, because then I'd just be doing everything for you and I don't have time for that.
Thanks given by: