Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transform Back Difficulties
Hi! I saw things about the rudolf retransformation.
I knew Rudolf can transform, and I knew that he can transform back to Rudolf if he was transforming to Louis.

The retransformation can be done easily if my HP is not below 33% (I guess) and if I am transforming back to Louis.

I have tried doing the retransformation with Woody. That works only once, and I think I am destroying my keyboard. I have to hit DJA so many times to do that.

Why is it so diffucult to transform back to Rudolf from another character except Louis?
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2018, 09:11 AM)seikosantana Wrote:  Why is it so diffucult to transform back to Rudolf from another character except Louis?

Try not to press those inputs simultaneously. For example, you can space DJA to an entire sequential input (first D, then J, then A). Works with pretty much any of the basic inputs, the last 3 (or 4, for commands) inputs determine if a special attack is going to be used.

Just tested it against Dennis. No difficulties.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: seikosantana
Wow, thanks!
But why transforming from Rudolf can be done by pressing them simultaneously while transforming back don't? Pressing simultaneously to transform back from Louis is easy. Are there bugs about this? Or is this related to the transformation of Louis into Louis Ex?
Thanks given by:
The bug is simply how the game programmed transforming back from [any character] to Rudolf - the controls are hardcoded to DJA and as Silverthorn said, you have to press each key one by instead of all at once. It will also disable the original character's DJA.

If I remember correctly, defusing from Firzen back into Firen & Freeze will also have the same problem, but these are the only two cases where this will happen and its due to the EXE, nothing you can do about it. In Firzen's case though the DJA disabling is bugged and it is sometimes possible to do a new DJA move that you added to Firzen without defusing.

Louis to LouisEX doesn't have this problem because the actual input is in DC (the hit_ja: 300 tag exists in Louis' data).
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: seikosantana
Firzen can defuse?
Thanks given by:
edit: oh boy, double-ninja'd.

Okay, I investigated a bit further. Hitting DJA simultaneously lets Rudolf transform to the character, but for him to transform back, you'll have to sequentially press the keys unless you are Louis.

Originally, I thought that you could DJA with any character having an attack on that combo but neither Henry, Rudolf(!), Julian, nor Firzen* allow that kind of input; it'll always have to be D+J+A.
*I tested both cases, Firzen as an opponent and Firen+Freeze fused. Fun fact: you can unfuse Firzen by pressing DJA; he'll defend first and after that split up again.

My guess is that Louis has a special mechanism in order to handle the "execute only if hp lower than X"-condition. For that, I ran two tests:
1) set every
hit_ja:
in louis.dat to 235 (phoenix palm). Irregardless of the hp-value, he'll execute it the same way as D>A.
2) press DJA with Louis once and keep receiving damage afterwards with no key presses. As soon as his hp fall below 33%, he'll transform automatically.

Tl;dr: magic

Thanks given by:
Does Firzen that we unlock using code, unfuseable? Or should the Firzen formed from Freeze and Firen first before they unfuse?
I know this is off-topic. Sorry about that.
Thanks given by:
Selecting Firzen directly disallows unfusing. This is only possible if two players have fused into him. Nevertheless, the fused version will automatically unfuse after a while. I don't have any numbers at hand right now, kudos to those that can provide them.

Thanks given by:
I see. Thanks!
Thanks given by: