Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ball-Combination?
Is it possible to make combination attacks? For example, if Henry's arrow is shot in the same direction and met in a close position with my custom character's ball, then the will form another ball (something like fusion).

Is it possible to detect another object's direction and range and decide to fuse into another object? Thanks in advance!
Thanks given by:
This one you'll have to figure out or search around for yourself, but I will say that its been done before in several different methods(each with their own specific needs & bugs) and point you towards which mechanics you'll need.

itr kind 8 - John healball.
It interacts only with type 0 (characters).
It goes to the frame stated in the itr's dvx.
Invisible Rudolf can still be touched an itr kind 8, because it can still touch Rudolf's bdy.
When Rudolf is invisible, so are his clones. Take advantage of this fact.

itr kind 9 - John shield. **IMPORTANT**
John's shield can hit both friendly & enemy balls regardless of direction.
Can be combined with hit_a(timer) and hit_d(go to this frame when timer runs out or when it hits an enemy type 0 character).

How type 3 balls interact with other things **IMPORTANT**
Balls belonging to allies will normally never hit each other regardless of direction.
When a ball hits an enemy, or hits a weapon belonging to anyone in any direction(even if it is being held by wpoint as long as there is a bdy!), it will go to frame 10.
When a ball hits an enemy ball, it will go to frame 20.
When a ball is hit by itr kind 9(in any direction) or hit by a type 0(enemies can hit in any direction, allies can only hit if facing the opposite direction) or hit by any object held by wpoint, it will go to frame 30.
Using state: 3000 with itr fall: 80 can somehow send enemy balls into frame 180. I don't know the details of this glitch and to my knowledge hasn't been used in any mod intentionally, but it happens.

state 8xxx
xxx is the id. So if you're trying to transform into Bandit(id: 30) for example, you use state 8030.
This transformation always uses the _b sprite(pic +140 - look at the data of characters like Bandit who look blue. But DON'T look at Knight as an example because it doesn't use the standard +140 pic).
This transformation always puts you into frame 0.
Relevant article here.

state 10
This is the state normally used when you are grabbed by someone.
This state allows you to be hit by yourself or teammates.
Objects held in wpoint will not hurt allies(you can punch your teammate who has been grabbed, but if you swing a baseball bat at him you won't hit your teammate).

EDIT:
Forgot to mention. If you stack two vrest itrs on top of one another, the one at the top will take priority.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: Bamboori
So what I am thinking for now is placing an itr kind 9 at the back of my custom ball.
This custom ball flies slower than Henry's super arrow, so this ball will be hit from behind.
And then when Henry's ball hits itr kind 9 of the custom ball, the arrow vanishes (the arrow will vanish just like it hits John's shield) and the custom ball will transform or go to another frame.
On the itr kind 9 I have to put hit_d and direct the frame to the flying frames.

But how to direct this custom ball to another frame in the same dat when it is hit?
Thanks given by:
No.. I think that won't work..
I need the ball to detect the id of the object that hits it.

How could it be done?
Thanks given by: