Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Shaking
I don't know how much this will be of use since this is something that should be left alone, but I might as well explain what I found and how it works.

42F2B7 is the address that regulates the time spent frozen for the attacker (3 frames by default)
42F2CC is the address that regulates the time spent frozen for the defender (3 frames by default)
4300B7 is the address that regulates the time spent frozen when defending (5 frames by default)
These addresses freeze the action for a few frames. This is essential for combos utilizing "fall: 70" to properly work. You can adjust the hitlag done by modifying the number at the end. If these addresses are NOPped, you can see how inputs can be done right after interaction. If you want hitlag to be properly minimized, the best value would be 1 (the time of the action itself). Anything below 1 will SPEED UP the action upon a hit.

Many players are against adjusting the lag for a legitimate reason: It can ruin the flow of the game. Unless you are willing to rework ALL of your characters, you might as well be grateful that the game only stalls for two extra frames.

If you want to lower these values, then please take note of below:

42FC78 is an address that affects hit recovery, which should be left alone. It will ruin the game with the ability to recover from attacks faster than the attacker if altered.

If I find a purpose for any other of the addresses, I will write it here for you all.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by: A-Man , STM1993 , Bamboori , darkfiren
Pardon the gravedig, but I've found some new info about this while editting LF2 2.0a exe with HEX Workshop.

At exactly:
2F2BD = when you punch someone (attack hitlag), "03", which is 3 as mentioned.
2F2D2 to 2F2D5 = when you get punched (victim hitlag), "FD", which is -3 as mentioned.
300BD to 300C0 = when you block an attack (blocker hitlag), "FB", which is -5 as mentioned.

What Dragon5 didn't mention was the hitlag used for punching someone who blocks:
300AC (hitting a block hitlag), "03", which is 3.

You can set the attacking hitlag to 0 by just changing the "03" to "00".
For setting defending hitlag to 0, you have to change the whole row of FFs in front too.
Remember: ffffffff is 4294967295, which is 2^32-1. And this is a signed number, so that big number represents "-1".

The effect of setting attacker hitlag to 0 may seem to speed up the animation upon hitting, but when compared side-by-side with an attack that doesn't hit anything, they do start & end at the same time.

As for the consequences of changing the hitlag, I have a bit more detail on what would need to be changed:
1) Melee-only combos would work the same as usual as long as both attacker & defender hitlag are changed by the same amount, but be warned that shrafe attacks like Davis' DvA will need to have their vrest values lowered by the same amount you reduce the hitlag by. Eg: Lowering attacker hitlag from 3 to 1 requires changing shrafe vrest from 7 to 5.
2) ANY combo involving projectiles is very likely to be screwed up, since now enemies hit by the projectiles freeze for a different amount of time while the attacker using the combo is unaffected by the attacker hitlag in the first place. Notably though, Freeze's combos still work despite being heavily reliant on projectiles.

Here's a zip containing various EXEs with different hitlag values, as well as faster F2 pause, plus my own bmp edit of the HP bar:
1) normal.exe = Original hitlag values (3, -3, 3, -5)
2) minus1.exe = -1 to all values (2, -2, 2, -4)
3) minus2.exe = -2 to all values (1, -1, 1, -3)
4) minus3.exe = -3 to all values (0, 0, 0, -2)
5) 0hitlagAll.exe = All values 0 (0, 0, 0, 0)
Download here

Personally, I feel that the minus2 values fit LF2 the best for fast-paced brawling action, and is particularly well suited for Deep & Woody.
Minus1 is a good compromise if you want to stay close to original LF2 hitlag tempo but with a slight speed up to make it smoother.
The original does feel a bit slow and quite punishing if you're fighting multiple enemies at once, while minus3 or hitlag 0 really feels too fast.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: Bamboori , the mad maskman , darkfiren