Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
A-Mafia
a game with such amount of non-direct messages is appropriate to be held in a chat.

I think this game will continue for more than one year, so i think it is not worth playing like this anymore.

Who agrees?
Thanks given by:
I don't necessarily directly agree. Main problem here is that the stalling of a single player drags the whole thing out. If, just for instance, every participant (including A-Man) would visit LFE just once a day and always send an action if necessary, the whole thing would already be a lot faster.

Plus, it's just going so slow since it's the evening phase basically. If we were in a meeting and had some information to share, way more would happen here. Naturally, since we wouldn't be waiting for PMs.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
I will say that using discord can greatly improve the speed of the game, given every participant takes part regularly. this also counts for pming though.
Thanks given by:
Discord sadly isn't feasible with a moderate amount of players from all over the world. It wouldn't really be faster since somebody would still be offline at the action PM breakpoints. Essentially, it's just the same as a forum if not all the players can be online and active at the same time.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
maybe then for each hour in off-time you have one day to send an action pm, a reaction to an event or such.
that way it would still need a while, but be faster than it is now
Thanks given by: A-Man
There are some indicators that shows that the game will only go faster:

1- Since there was no voting phase, the meeting ended too early. Otherwise, it would end at 7-8 on average.
2- As people die (:P), there will be less people to wait for.
3- People will get more familiar with the game.

I must admit that I was offline and couldn't process events for the last 3 days, but that was really a one timer. And I do think I can manage this game till the end in a daily basis (almost).

On a side note, you can't expect to "play" if you're being lethargic in the game; if your action PM was just you going home to sleep. Rarely, it also happens that you get unlucky picking a path where you meet nobody. But other people are playing.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
(08-29-2017, 10:20 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  a game with such amount of non-direct messages is appropriate to be held in a chat.

I think this game will continue for more than one year, so i think it is not worth playing like this anymore.

Who agrees?

It is so slow and way too complex. I think even Ramond's rpg is easier to understand and faster to play. And I don't even understand or play that game :D and that game takes for ever

I honestly regret opting in but at the same time I would feel bad if I left. So, I will keep playing as long as you(plural) do.

A game like this should be made with more closed ruleset.

Things are too vague. Even something simple like messaging is done via in-game messengers or pigeons that you are not even sure if they will deliver.

This is so annoying to play in a turn based fashion when every turn takes ages (for me even one day is too long).
I am an age of empires 2 type of guy, not civilization V type :p

You do an action and you are not even sure if your action will do anything because everyone moves in map asynchronously and planning is so hard.

Also there should be a 1 day limit for every action and everyone who doesn't respond in 1 day should be made a random thing or just skip his phase.
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
civ5 turns are super quick for a turn based strategy game, compared to homm3 or similar, that's why it's so addicting.
Thanks given by:
I agree with it being slow but considering the game's complexity, and the fact that the host is a human, it's bound to happen :P
If it was a program that would be the game moderator, it would be much faster
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
Any updates so far?
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by: AmadisLFE