Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LF-Empire Client
LF-Empire Client
The Little Fighter Empire Client is my second project (Easier LF-Editor is still development and there is very nice new version).
The Client has access to LFE-Fileplanet and can even patch all downloads into your Little Fighter Project. He finds all downloads on the main page of Empire (LFE-Fileplanet) and shows this in a nice ordered list. He shows you the images when you click on an item but without text. By clicking on the checkbox the file is ready to download & install or only to download.
Multi select (select more as one item with one click) is not implemented! You must click every item with your hand! That are security measures for the LFE-servers.

An Installer for the client is required because he needs a lot of html files.

The client will create the mirror files for all character and weapon bitmaps which do not have a mirror-file by default.

I think that's all.
Oh yes, it is a three-days-project. So i apologize for all bugs and he does not have a updater. You must look in this thread for updates for the Client.

Update-Interval for LFE files:
Every month, the client will update his lists (not version!). So you are up to date with files on LF-Empire.

Screenshots

Changelog
1.2.0.0 - Rewrote Update (Click to View)

Download
Installer - Orangedox (Google Drive API)
Manual Installation - Google Drive
Condition: .NET Framework 4.5.1

Credits
A thank at all guys on the Discord Server. All my question was responded and that has helped me.
Thanks given by: A-Man , MangaD , Gad , STM1993 , Ariyan , Nyamaiku , LutiChris
What does it do if there's an ID clash but the to-be-installed character needs to be of the particular ID for its property (armor ..etc)?
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
Bad luck :P
Character will not work. The main problem: perhaps the installed character needs already the id for his armor.
Thanks given by:
what can this be for? can you elaborate more than that in a simple format? I don't understand!
Thanks given by:
Oeiji Wrote:what can this be for? can you elaborate more than that in a simple format? I don't understand!

Shows the downloads from LF-Empire. You can download the downloads. You can install the downloads in your LF.
Better? ;)
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2017, 04:36 AM)Oeiji Wrote:  what can this be for? can you elaborate more than that in a simple format? I don't understand!

I haven't tried it yet. But as I understand it, instead of browsing the LFE main page in search for characters (and maybe weapons, etc?), then downloading them manually, opening the zip, copying the files over to your LF2 folder, editing the data.txt file . . .

You can simply use this program to do all that with the click of a button. So, basically, it is a one-click download and install characters.

@Luigi600, I suggest you implement a "uninstall" feature that detects which characters (weapons, etc?) are installed, and uninstalls them. :)
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by:
MangaD Wrote:I suggest you implement a "uninstall" feature that detects which characters (weapons, etc?) are installed, and uninstalls them.

Same idea but it is difficult because perhaps the character needs a oid from original LF2. Very easy to remove only the ID from data.txt but that is not programmed fine. I would have to read all data in the data directory, problem: the programm needs 15 sec to start.

MangaD Wrote:(and maybe weapons, etc?)
- Backgrounds, Characters and Weapons.
Thanks given by:
Just pre-set which ids and files cant be deinstalled and it should work. I doubt there will be two custom characters using same custom object.
What you could do for uninstalling is simply wiping all non-original and then reinstalling all addons.
Or as you said, just go through every data loaded in ID and erase all other sh*t ;D.
Thanks given by:
Just gave it a shot. Some issues with the installation
- creates shortcut on desktop even when I deselect it.
- no uninstaller available. Apart from the program-location, the installer creates a folder in "Appdata\Local\LF-Empire Client" (if anybody plans on full removal). Might want to include the uninstaller for future releases.

Here are some things I noticed while tinkering around:
[bug] When you delete the LF2-path, you'll get greeted by a "Path has invalid format"-message
Code:
System.ArgumentException: The path has an invalid format.
   at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
   at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path)
   at LittleFighterEmpire_Client.class_LF_ReaderStuff.getListOfFiles(String path, String pattern)
   at LittleFighterEmpire_Client.class_LF_ReaderStuff.getDataTxt(String path)
   at LittleFighterEmpire_Client.index_v3.txt_lf_path_TextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
[bug] When you manually enter a path, exceptions will be thrown with each keypress. Things like "Access Denied" or "Path does not exist".
[bug] Having invalid paths will trigger standard exception dialogs as well.
[feature req] Do a loading screen animation thingy when the program starts up instead of a lockup during initial bootup.
[feature req] possibility to actually uninstall (not just delete contents) downloads as explained by Gad.
[feature req] parse HTML entities. Ex: "Goku & SSJ Goku"
[question] How are installations handled when two characters have equally named files? Ex: both zips contain a file called "XYZ.wav". Will the second character replace the first one's data? If that is the case: [fix] add suffix to second installation and modify the dat-file accordingly.
[feature req] Not only keep track of downloaded files but also which were installed.
[feature req] Handle ID clashes. During installation of the character, warn that the ID is already existing in data.txt. If there are multiple files from different downloads that point to the same
oid:
, refactor them. Keep a list of IDs that have hardcoded properties and warn if an installed, refactored file would be affected.

Gameplay works nicely, though. Good work so far!
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: STM1993
I think Luigi said something about conparing files ids names and size, if not then it should change name all references. Dk if he implemented it already,but that was the plan.
Thanks given by: