Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does website keep going down?
Lately the server seems to be kinda overloaded or simply broken. Every second time when I try to check it up, it won't load. Thus is already lasting for months and recently it looks like it got worse.
Any plans to resolve this or we're waiting for the forum to naturally die?
Thanks given by: LutiChris , Bupkis
Hello Gad,

well, that's the question I keep asking myself those days.

Know that LFE runs on a shared server with other projects and that I run three other websites on the webspace - so the reason for the bug can be anywhere. Since all my websites were down for around 20 hours this weekend I contacted my webhost and to be honest - the answers are quite disappointing and let me doubt the quality of the host. With their latest post to me, they told me that they don't know themselfes what happened... -.-

But I can assure you, that even if Blue Phoenix is 100% responsible for LFE nowadays, I haven't forgotten about LFE and work on a solution to fix those downtimes.

Bye
Razen
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: Simoneon , A-Man , STM1993 , Bupkis , Bamboori , AmadisLFE
Before the weekend starts:

There's not much news... not much good news: Basically my host is no help, thx for nothing. I analysed another webproject hosted on this webspace with a friend of mine who works as an web-developer for living. He told me, that this bug probably happens, when there're to many open database-connections. There's a limit by default for those connections on normal webspace which cannot be changed, and since this other web-project got a few thousend visitors per day it's most likely that's the reason. Normally, the webhost should be able to see this in the logs, we guess they're simply to lacy to check it because we're a small customer.

There's not much I can do right now beside taking down the other website - which is not really an option. It's most likely that the bug happens again on weekends. In case that happens I'll stop parts of the other webproject and see if this has any effect. Sorry for the inconvenience so far.

Long-time, I'll probably move the other webproject to my root-server, so it can not harm LFE or HFE anymore - but this might take a while.
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by: Ramond , A-Man , Bupkis , Gad , STM1993 , Bamboori , Arokh , AmadisLFE
Here's a little update: I just started to move the other web-project onto my root server.

I didnt expect to be able to move the website that quickly, so that's the good news. I probably wont be able to finish the movement before I leave for the weekend, so I'll finish this next week.
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by: A-Man , AmadisLFE
Wow... quicker then expected:

From now on, the other web-project isn't hosted on the same webspace with LFE and HFE. All URLs are compleatly redirected now.

So there shouldn't be anymore downtimes ;)

Enjoy your stay! :)
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by: Gad , A-Man , Silverthorn , STM1993 , Arokh , LutiChris , AmadisLFE
That's some great news!
Thanks given by: