Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(char) Kowpen
I found this char on lf2.co.il, it is a brawler with energy like attacking stuff, and has got entirely new sprites.
link: char
original creator: MoragWan
make sure to check my sprites!
I guarantee your eyes won't hurt! At least, they won't hurt too much :p !
Thanks given by: Cabba , NewToTheEra , FerZ
I believe he was originally downloaded from here.
I gave him a quick try, here's a little video preview:

The hebrew readme says the character's artist is "ABBA" (at least that's what google translate says, the actual text is אבבאי which is "Ababay")
edit: The creator is known as MoragWan here on LFE!
Character has completely new sprites and a basic "ego" custom AI.

His moves are:
D>A(AA) - Arc Energy Balls
D>J - Spin Slam (more forward)
D^J - Spin Slam (more upward)
D^A(A) - some kind of Uppercut + Leap Attack
DvA(A) - upward Energy Punch + Run Attack
DvJ - Energy Burst (cannot be blocked due to bdefend >60, can break Louis/Knight armor but not Julian's armor due to effect 23)

* This character has generally low damage, but his VERY low MP cost and high attack priority allows him to spam special moves(especially his D>J for closing distances) without much fear of being countered. That makes him stronger than average.
* He has a few apparent combos, but it feels like they are added as an afterthought.
* His basic moves are a bit strange. J,A and >>JA's itr knockback don't match the sprite's suggested movement. Furthermore, his grab punch feels very uncomfortable to use, starting slow but having to press at an awkwardly fast pace to make full use of the grab damage.

Overall a decent modded character, good for the casual player, but it will not satisfy players who demand something close to LF2 style.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: NewToTheEra , MoragWan
Attack priority of this character is overwhelmingly strong, in return his damage output is reduced.

For instance his moves are basically more effective than respective moves of each fighter:

D>A: Really fast projectile(s) and has no initiation time
D>J, D^J: Very fast state: 7 attacks in air which can overpower others, with low MP consumption
DvJ: An explosion with lower damage and higher bdefend. Again very low initiation time

From my view his major problem is being unrewarding to play, both in playing as him and against him.

His poor chain combos are not compensated with synergy with heavy weapons or projectiles. His damage yield is therefore too low and causes battle to last too long.

He is also not strengthened if his HP runs low. In other words playing as him is like using a dragonfly against a human. No one can kill each other until someone is too tired.
Thanks given by:
(01-18-2017, 11:49 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  The hebrew readme says the character's artist is "ABBA" (at least that's what google translate says, the actual text is יוצר: אבבאי )
Character has completely new sprites and a basic "ego" custom AI.

[Image: 5DcIQ0z.png]

STM1993 edited this post 01-20-2017 04:38 PM because:
Thanks! Post & video edited to mention MoragWan!
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by: STM1993
just try playing against his ai, very annoying, just spams D>J and D^J until you die.
Thanks given by: Master A
His name is "ababay" in Hebrew, but I don't know what is the meaning of this :D
Here is his original topic:
http://www.lf2.co.il/forum/viewtopic.php?t=116006
Thanks given by: STM1993
(01-18-2017, 06:15 PM)the mad maskman Wrote:  I found this char on lf2.co.il, it is a brawler with energy like attacking stuff, and has got entirely new sprites.
link: char
original creator: MoragWan

umm is moragwan do another chars for lf2
Thanks given by:
yes, such as assasin and bright( when i say such as, i mean all of them)
Thanks given by:
@MoragWan

So, after trying out this character, he's actually pretty fun (like a monkey jumping around :p) He's the type of character who has special moves with average damage (I wouldn't really say low), but low MP cost and very low delay. There's just one special move though which I feel is overpowered, and that's DvJ Energy Burst because of its high bdefend. I feel that this move is much fairer with lower bdefend such that enemies can still at least block this move (35 would be good).  Other than that, the rest of his moves are okay.

Overall, a solid character and I enjoyed playing him :)
Thanks given by: MoragWan
(01-27-2017, 03:22 PM)the mad maskman Wrote:  yes, such as assasin and bright( when i say such as, i mean all of them)
I also made Mia, Olivia, and the new Varinziel revamp.

(10-17-2019, 02:32 AM)eplipswich Wrote:  @Moragwan

So, after trying out this character, he's actually pretty fun (like a monkey jumping around :p) He's the type of character who has special moves with average damage (I wouldn't really say low), but low MP cost and very low delay. There's just one special move though which I feel is overpowered, and that's DvJ Energy Burst because of its high bdefend. I feel that this move is much fairer with lower bdefend such that enemies can still at least block this move (35 would be good).  Other than that, the rest of his moves are okay.

Overall, a solid character and I enjoyed playing him :)

Thanks, I will fix it right away.
EDIT: https://www.mediafire.com/file/z5u6pn1zs...n.zip/file
Thanks given by: