Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oeiji Artwork!!
Getting close! I suggest to draw over the pencil with a permanent marker which makes it easier to erase the perspective lines afterwards. It also gives a great contrast to view from afar.

My biggest concern is the pavement, really, because it highlights an issue with the perspective. Below, I drew some perspective lines over your image:
[Image: v9gaN64.jpg]

As you can see, the lines are correctly placed at the bottom of the image. However, the further back you go, the more slanted they should become as indicated by the red guidelines on the right and green on the left, respectively. Albeit a minor thing, it does kind of break the illusion of depth. Essentially, anything you draw must fall into the perspective grid, no matter what.

Much more minor, but I mention it for completeness's sake is the triangular roof of the left middle building. You're working with a two point perspective, so the center line of the house should point upwards, i.e. be parallel to any vertical line. Same applies to the quasi-vertical bar of the top window in that house.

You're getting there!
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: A-Man , Bupkis