Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question for real data changer
I have a question. is it possible for a character to spawn immobile clones, that he controls with his special moves so they can execute different attakcs, while he could move normally?(in short, like azir in league of legends)
if you didn't understand, i mean that his normal moves control the charachter and his special ones control his immobile minions.
Thanks given by:
Its possible with pure DC, but it'd be incredibly buggy because there isn't a way to hit only clones that belong to you, let alone only able to control clones that belong to your team.

How it'd most likely work is you create a new clone character with its own ID:
* These clones are invulnerable, but the caster can hit the clones with an itr of either fall 1, 21 or 41 to send them into various injury states to trigger a different move (but you must allow the clones time to recover their fall value).
* You could also give these clones a ball that sticks to them. The caster then gets the ball to hit a weapon(hitting), hit it with another ball(hit) or hit it with ik9 to rebound, which then triggers the ball into catching the clones into doing something.
* You could also directly use ik3 to catch the clones into a desired frame, but I'm not sure if it'd affect the clones' positions.

I think the only really feasible way to make this work is to mix this together with AI scripting, such that the clones' AI detects the inputs of its owner and then imitates the controls to perform a move (I have no idea if AI scripting is powerful enough to detect ownership though).
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
Quote:I think the only really feasible way to make this work is to mix this together with AI scripting, such that the clones' AI detects the inputs of its owner and then imitates the controls to perform a move.
That's a brilliant idea, but I don't think you can get input details other objects are recieveing (and com players don't receive input). One can instead do a look up on objects to find one with the character's id and in a particular frame in the move. Regardless, I'm not sure one can get the index of an owner object either. If you can't know what object exactly summoned you, then you wouldn't know what frames to wait for in case 2 independent players use the same character and attempt the same move.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
if i understood stm well, then first, if i use it, it will work if i am the only clone user, or else it will make all clones react to the command?
EDIT: is it possible to make them react differently to the move, stay, come commands?
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2016, 05:21 PM)A-Man Wrote:  That's a brilliant idea, but I don't think you can get input details other objects are receiving (and com players don't receive input).

AFAIK, AI programming is powerful enough to let you know in which frames or states a character is in so you can just check that easily (after figuring out how to get owner of the clones etc.)
Ultimately, my constant dissatisfaction with the way things are becomes the driving force behind everything I do.
[Image: sigline.png]
LF2 IDE - Advanced visual data changer featuring instant data loader
LF2 Sprite Sheet Generator - Template based sprite sheet generator based on Gad's method
[Image: sigline.png]
There is no perfect language, but C++ is the worst.
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2016, 06:16 PM)Nightmarex1337 Wrote:  AFAIK, AI programming is powerful enough to let you know in which frames or states a character is in so you can just check that easily (after figuring out how to get owner of the clones etc.)
Yes. That's what I meant here:
Quote:One can instead do a look up on objects to find one with the character's id and in a particular frame in the move.
I suppose the form of that sentence was terrible. My bad.

Quote:EDIT: is it possible to make them react differently to the move, stay, come commands?
These only influence players on the same team though, right? What if your character is Independent?

Or, I could be wrong, and "stay"..etc actions don't have much to do with teams, but with some other variable that can relate to ownership. You can test this by playing Rudolf Independent and try to see if his clones respond to those actions (and only from the owner Rudolf). If they still respond to the Independent owner's calls, then that would mean there's probably another variable to determine ownership.

If you're okay with teams being the criterion (okay with it not working with independent), there's a way to test for teams in AI too.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
yes, rudolph clones obey to him even on independent, but is it possible to make them execute attacks when receiving one of those commands?
Thanks given by: