Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yusei's sprites
Yeah, making a char big (4x the size) then rescaling is useful, and most professional spriters (Including me, but I'm without the professional, xD). Also, its better to use GIMP if you're gonna use layers. And...Template really isn't a good.....template...XD.....In my opinion anyway. Here is my thing: Use GIMP to make the main sprite, then touch up in photofiltre. :P , also use GIMP's XCF format when you're spriting, when its finished, File > Export As > Filetype = PNG  or BMP, better to use PNG though.....then later Save-As as BMP when you're done with the spritesheet. :D .

yay 500 posts.
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by: the mad maskman
ok then tried to make big first then rescale. here is the result    
please open the image in a new page, since his shirt is the same color as lfe's background.
make sure to check my sprites!
I guarantee your eyes won't hurt! At least, they won't hurt too much :p !
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2017, 02:00 PM)the mad maskman Wrote:  Actually, i didn't create any of them from scratch. I've been using template as a... template :p .
(06-07-2017, 02:30 PM)AmadisLFE Wrote:  Template really isn't a good.....template...XD.....In my opinion anyway.
+1.

By any means, do not use Template to base your sprite on, unless you deliberately want to go for some wonky proportions. Any other character will do just fine instead.

(06-07-2017, 02:00 PM)the mad maskman Wrote:  Also, is making a char big then rescaling useful? I've heard lots of people talking about it in the forum.
Depends. It's easier to add miniscule details at a blown up resolution which, when shrunk down again, adds a nice texture to the sprite. Personally, I'd advise against this as, like I said, this method is best suited to add tiny details. You can get so caught up in this that you may overlook the larger elements, especially proportions.

That is my main critique point with your latest sprite as well, the legs seem super short and should be at least twice as long. Shoulders could also be slightly wider and arms may be buffed a bit as well to match the thickness of the rest, esp. legs again.

For your next sprite, you might want to try improving the contrast of the facial features a bit, they are difficult to distinguish. Apart from that, it's already looking much nicer than what you started out with on the first page. Keep going!
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
and new one!
[Image: D2lLwNs.png]
FINALLY FIGURED HOW TO ADD IMAGES FROM IMGUR!
also, a john edit
[Image: GXcdShz.gif]
Thanks given by:
new sprite!
[Image: 9PiwuHA.gif]

triple post FTW!
[Image: PBfAANR.gif]
original design not by me. simply copied the design from internet, but i forgot where exactly :/ .
Thanks given by:
QUADRAPOST!
[Image: BYqdx7S.gif]
original design not by me. simply copied the design from a guy in internet:
EDIT: i changed the size of the sprite to be closer to lf2 character size
Thanks given by:
Do some more of these things ^^
Useful
Thanks given by:
[Image: Tletl7r.gif]
this was pretty bad :( .
Thanks given by:
If vve talking about lf2 like then yes, not close. I see that you understand about hovv shadows works ^^
Useful
Mono Wrote:If vve talking about lf2 like then yes, not close
i'll try to do better next time, and i guess template really isn't a good template :p .
Mono Wrote:I see that you understand about hovv shadows works ^^

i cannot even understand if this is sarcasm or not :p .
Thanks given by: