Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
my 8400gs gfx card died and I can't play lf2
(09-04-2016, 03:06 PM)penew Wrote:  Soon i will try to upload a ingame video footage.this mod is still in minor development.But this mod should have been completed a year a go,Thanks to my videocard aka 8400gs end up giving its last breath :( :( :(,Since then i cant review my own mod by ending up in error ''couldnt create art surface" cant do anything without the card :(.

Hmm, that's weird. LF2 never required such a high-end graphics unit. We might be able to help you if you provide us with more details on what happens exactly to the game when you try to open it.

EDIT:
@v: Make a new thread for the problem with these details in which you also clarify how "davis_5.bmp" is different and with the image attached.

STM1993 edited this post 09-06-2016 08:26 AM because:
Split from this thread.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
It says "couldnt create art surface davis_5.bmp" since MINE davis_5.bmp is different from other davisbmps,I think it has to do something with the videocard.But i can run LF2.2.0 or Lf2v1.9 without any problems.this just not a problem only to my mod.I cant even run the other mods, same problem. :(
Thanks given by:
That may be due to 256 color palette. From what i recall when i had issues with my video card few years ago, games could only run in 256 color mode. I think when lf tries to load BMP which has been saved with 16bit it misses proper driver or hardware function to handle it.
Thanks given by:
That may be from big images.

i remember in my 800x600 PC i couldn't load sprites wider than 800px. But also very big sprites sometimes can not be loaded when computer can not handle it, can even happen suddenly when computer is "tired".
Thanks given by:
My pc is totally fine

specs: processor: core i3 3.0ghz somewhat
RAM: 4gb
videocard: none :'(
pc resolution: 1024x768

literally the problem is get Vediocard in,game runs,remove Vediocard game dies.

though i lost it. :(
Thanks given by:
What do you mean "none"? It can't be none unless your computer works with no display. Go Start->Run "dxdiag" -> "Graphics" or something tab to see your GPU type and some of its parameters.

You said you can run LF2 1.9 and 2.0 without any problems. So I understand that LF2 2.0a doesn't work for you. You said it throws a "Couldn't create art surface for davis_5.bmp" error, but LF2 doesn't come with a davis_5.bmp. So is it really LF2 2.0a that's not working, or is it a mod? If it's a mod, then what is it called if it's known? If it isn't a mod, then are you sure it threw that error message and not another?

Personally, I suspect it's what empirefantasy says, in which case I would blame it on the mod you're trying to play. In many cases where I faced that problem, the A-Grid Clipper (click to go to thread) could help out.

Thanks given by:
Hi

i modified my previous post saying "MINE DAVIS_5.bmp"(MOD),yes i can play lf2 1.9 and 2.0a finely. Only i cant play my MOD or others MODs(ex:lf2 ce,X-LF2,lf4 turbo)

Thanks given by:
Have you tried going to your motherboard's (usually same as PC's) vendor website to download drivers? You should have a graphics unit, but it's just not recognized properly.

Thanks given by:
i dont get your point A-man :s
Thanks given by:
There were no points to be made. Get this: http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm

Thanks given by: