Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character: Charcoal
this is my first char charcoal, a fire based john. what's so special about him? Nothing! well nothing exept the fact he is a close range fighter. please don't expect too much remmember that it is my first char, and please report anything i could change or make better. sorry but the screenshot button on my computer doesen't seem to work so you will have to download the char to test it, but it's under one megabyte, it won't kill you, right? and now the download(wich i nearly forgot)

Attached Files
.rar   charcoal.rar (Size: 313.82 KB / Downloads: 113)
Thanks given by:
I'll make this quick as I have a headache.
[Image: MEtqGRB.png]
Its a John with a red skin and some fire effect in the sprite, his moves are basically just melee fire attacks.

The main issues that strike me is that the inputs really unintuitive, the black spots aren't properly black so they'd appear transparent ingame, and handling of the effect 2 you used.

D>A opoints a regular fireball, nothing special here.
The rest of the moves' controls don't make sense:
D^A is basically a melee John biscuit attack which is frankly useless because it takes forever to startup.
D^J to Firen inferno.
DvA to leap forward.
D>J to do that John superpunch uppercut, press J to chain into leap.

Here's the thing about the leap attack. You seem to have used effect 20/21 instead of effect 2, so the leap attack cannot actually hit the enemy after burning him with uppercut. You also realized there's the issue of self-burning, but you "solved" it by using state 7. Its a lot better to just use state 19 and set dvz550 so you cannot be burned(though it'd also make you immune to inferno & groundfire), and if you really want to cover your tracks you can also give the crouching frames state 18 so you don't get burned when landing.

What I'd recommend for controls:
D>A fireball
D^A superpunch
either D^J or D>J can be Leap Attack.
DvA biscuit attack
DvJ Inferno
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: the mad maskman
that's weird. i have no black spots. and thanks for the tip, i'll change controls right now. and regarding the dc errors i'm a complete beginner so you just helped me a lot thanks stm and for the self burn i prefer state seven cause it also protects you from attacks i know that this is illogical but i prefer that way(i do not mean i knew about that other method)
Thanks given by: