Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Programs for creating music
What are the best programs for creating music? for beginners and more advanced?
Any advice for novice is welcome.. :)
Thanks given by:
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by: Marko , MnM
I am fimiliar with that program only.. is there also something else i should know as novice?
Thanks given by:
What kind of music are you trying to make? Pure synthetic and electronic, real instrumental and vocal recordings, a mix of both? Or maybe you need a notation program? There's tons of different programs for different purposes...
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Marko
Audacity, LMMS and FL Studio are three programs I know.
I have actually used Audacity for adding 3 songs in one but you can basically do that in any music program.
For making music, FL Studio is the best guess, I have heard a lot of it for the music making part.
" LF2 Against The Evils", my first LF2 video series.
Check my channel :D :-

Litte Fighter Videos  <-- This is a link! Click This!
Electronic music mostly, but i am willing to hear about others stuff as well.
Thanks given by:
Fl studio is sometimes looked down as a beginner's program due to its popularity and relative ease of use, but it is actually very capable. It does have a price tag on it though

Think of lmms.io (it's where you can find the program, didn't bother with links) as a free alternative to FL studio, since it is most similar to that program. The development progress of it has slowed down, but it is progressing. It's also capable, but be prepared to find a lot of (free) external stuff to go with it, like effects and istruments. It still has some quirks, but it works without bigger hitches.

Reaper is one I've heard goodthings about, so you might want to check it out. It's preferred by a lot of People Who do More acoustic stuff, metal, rock and such. Should be capable of Electronic, but I can't cite anyone on that, so...

Audacity is recommended, whatever program you use, since you'll have to do post-processing to whatever you create, and thia is imo the best program for that. It's free, and ridiculously good at what it does. It's not a music creating program though, it's just almost essential to go with them.

Do remember, even the easiest of these takes a lot of learning and getting used to. I'm not kidding, I'm still learning about lmms, and I've been meedling around with it for 5 years now
Just waiting for the audio tags to become a thing
>My other musical "masterpieces"<
Thanks given by: MangaD , Marko , Bamboori
Well, that's incredibly helpful. Thank you very much :)

I'll may have question or two in the near future so be prepared. :P
Thanks given by:
Ableton Live. Definitely the best choice if you're starting and you can even use it when you're a professional at live events. Will always be handy. At some point you can buy the Ableton Push which is like the best thing ever. No.1 for creating electronic music.

Then there's the Logic Pro and Pro Tools. But I guess they're more for real instruments. Logic Pro is still the best of the best for me (I think I've tried every DAW there is) as it's good for composition (electronic music, or any other genre), good for mixing, good for editing, good for creating soundtracks for movies, etc. I'm currently learning how to use Ableton Live in live gigs and so far I've been amazed by its functionality.

Forget about FL Studio and all the others, seriously. Learn what you can from them, but if you like creating music, move on to a more professional standard.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have as this is what I'm currently studying with the biggest passion you can imagine :D

Good luck!

Ramond edited this post 07-06-2016 12:40 PM because:
Why no skype? or rpg?
Marko another one if you aree still lookig, can be Dr Drum