Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[08 Jan 2016] Mafia - The Archive
Wait I just noticed... in the last game Darl actually saved himself EVERY SINGLE TIME :o wow... what a shame :(
Thanks given by:
Added some ruleset templates in 1st post.

Also came up with my own rather weird setup that includes a 3rd party. Feel free to use or comment upon it:

STM1993's Terminator Setup
Player Ratio: Min 10 players (3 v 6 v 1) //add more townies.
Specific Rules (Click to View)
Power Roles (Click to View)
EDIT:
There's a Discord version that's slightly different; its archived in first post.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak , TheNave , T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Lol I love the terminator one XD good job! I really like the idea of the drug side Ed effect.

Also had a fun time reading the archived games results, thanks! There were some crazy nice roles and stuff. Newbie sheriff and psycho sheriff tho lol.
Man Im pumped up for lots more mafia games XD
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
Is it wierd for me to be more hyped about the Schwarzenegger round than the current werwolf one? :D
Thanks given by:
lol it's termonator1 coz the other series have the opposite mission for terminator :p
Thanks given by:
Terminator round is interesting AF! :p
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[Image: 11twnjn.png]
I need a spriter to help in my All Stars Project.. So if anyone interested, please contact me.
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2016, 10:04 PM)TheNave Wrote:  Wait I just noticed... in the last game Darl actually saved himself EVERY SINGLE TIME :o wow... what a shame :(

I was a confirmed citizen from the very start. What did you want me to do after the cop was killed?
Thanks given by:
^Cop was killed because you chose to save yourself. Sure there was a risk but you should have saved him anyway. As far as I recall, you were never targeted. Every single night a person was killed.
I need a spriter to help in my All Stars Project.. So if anyone interested, please contact me.
Thanks given by:
(03-14-2016, 03:09 AM)T.O.R.N.A.D.O Wrote:  ^Cop was killed because you chose to save yourself. Sure there was a risk but you should have saved him anyway. As far as I recall, you were never targeted. Every single night a person was killed.
To be fair,
Night 0 - you have no information about anything or anyone, and it would be silly for a power role like Doctor to die even before the game can get going. If you can at least survive, even if Mafia knows who you are, you have a shot at saving someone else later on.
Night 1 - Rhino has taken the risky option of saying he's the cop, and he did get a Mafia mfc lynched. If I were Mafia I'd think this little incident would cause the doctor to protect the cop, and attacking Rhino right then would only prove to the doctor that Rhino can be trusted. Mafia can actually target themselves if they so desire, but that is an extremely improbable move given how risky it is; you'd basically be having the Mafia kill themselves TWICE, leaving only one guy behind and that is a very bad idea for Mafia.
Night 2 - Since no one stepped forward, Rhino is pretty much confirmed Cop, and the public sentiment is that Rhino would remain protected. Darl gambled on that sentiment and protected himself in case Mafia decided to try and aim for the doctor instead, but Mafia also gambled on taking a shot at killing Rhino and succeeded.

After that night, it becomes very hard for the doctor to really know who to save (especially when you look at the players still in the game); the odds of successfully saving some other guy at night is very low, so its best for the doctor to just save himself; at least he knows he himself is definitely townie. It should also be noted that Mafia side didn't think Darl was the doctor, but it is not unreasonable in Darl's shoes to think he would be killed.

Of course, round is over and hindsight is 20/20, so I would suggest not to continue to criticize on what players could have done.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
Well I did say there was a risk in taking that action. Didn't I? I definitely agree on he saving himself on starting nights where nothing is known but when the fact that Cop was known, why take the risk? And obviously Cop is more important to players rather than the Doctor because findings of cop are beneficial to town but what about doctor? He literally didn't know anyone and can't risk himself being killed. At least he should have used his powers to protect the cop. That's what my point is. Anyway I have made my point and firmly stand by it.
Thanks given by: AmadisLFE