Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[08 Jan 2016] Mafia - The Archive
This thread is a megathread for archiving LFE Mafia Games. This is to help future players or hosts learn the game, or you know, just for nostalgia.
Here's a link to a very useful Mafia wiki.

The central theme behind Mafia is the uninformed majority vs the informed minority.
Quote:How to Play
  1. There are two main factions: Town & Mafia. Their goal is to kill all members of the opposing faction. The Townsfolk do not know each other, but the Mafia know themselves.
    • Town wins with all Mafia lynched.
    • Mafia wins with all Town killed.
    • Depending on the Game Master, 3rd parties may be added to the game.
  2. Some players receive Roles, which gives them special powers. This can be an active or passive ability.
  3. The game rotates between phases - Day & Night. The GM will decide which phase the game begins in, and can force the phase to advance if it is taking too long.
  4. Day:
    • All players will vote for one person to be lynched, with the name in bold else it will not be counted.
    • The person with the most votes will be lynched(killed) at the end of the day.
    • After lynching, the game proceeds to Night phase.
    • The GM must decide if players can vote 'No kill' and what happens if a tie occurs.
  5. Night:
    • Players with active Night powers must message the GM, indicating whom they wish to use their ability on.
    • Mafia in particular, can vote to kill one person at night by messaging the Game Master.
    • The game proceeds to Day phase once all messages have been received.
  6. The Game Master:
    • Also known as "GM" or "Host". He runs the game and determines its rules. Therefore, the GM's word is final.
    • The GM is strongly recommended to use an RNG to distribute roles. (Alternative)
    • It is the GM's responsibility to tie up loose ends in his game setup, as well as to enforce rules.
  7. Etiquette:
    • If you have any issues, please contact the GM. Don't exploit the issue and risk ruining the game for everyone.
    • Please do NOT post screenshots or directly quote messages that are supposedly from the GM. Nor should you lie about anything the GM says.
      (Doing so would spark unwarranted confusion and erode trust in the GM, ruining the game for everyone.)
    • Please do NOT delete your posts, or edit your posts in a way that changes/removes information. If you must do so, use the strikeout tag.
      (It is not fair for only a select group of players to see your original post. You can always use PMs/Skype/IRC instead if the message is meant to be private and your recipient happens to be a forum moderator.)
    • Play to win and have fun, but don't play to lose. Don't give up just because you died or were discovered; the round isn't over until the GM says it is and there are others who still want to play.
    • In the event of conflicting rules, the Little Fighter Empire forum rules will take priority over this game's rules.
    • If any of these rules or etiquettes are broken or bent too far, don't be surprised if you get punished or outright blacklisted from future games.
    • For GMs: You don't have to reveal full details of your setup, but you should mention if a)it contains a 3rd party, b)players can expect the GM to lie or c)this is a Bastard Round.
      (It is only fair for players to know what they are getting into and trust you as a GM. Don't be surprised if you are blacklisted from hosting or your game implodes as a result of eroded trust in you.)
  8. Tips:
    • If you don't want other players to use "Who's Online" to check your forum activity, you can go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> check "Hide me from the Who's Online list." (Image Instructions)
    • If you know a player is notorious for deleting or editting his posts, you should quote his posts, especially if you are replying based on information he posted.
    • At the top right of a post, you can see a number that looks something like #123. That's the post number, and you can right click and copy link location. Don't tell people to "look at page 2" because some of us view 50 posts per page instead of the default 20.
Specific Rules Template:
Code:
[spoiler="Specific Rules"][list]
[*][u]Standard Specific Rules:[/u]
[list][*]This setup is [u]open[/u]; all details are known. / This setup is [u]closed[/u]; details are hidden.
[*]Private Talk (PMs etc): [color=#33cc33]Allowed[/color]/[color=#ff3333]Not allowed ([u]except between Mafia players[/u])[/color]
[*]Ghost Talk (talking in ANY form after death): [color=#33cc33]Allowed[/color]/[color=#ff3333]Not allowed[/color]
[*]3rd Party Factions are [color=#33cc33]Enabled[/color]/[color=#33ffff]Possible[/color]/[color=#ff3333]Disabled[/color].
[*]Any alignment changers? [color=#33cc33]Yes[/color]/[color=#33ffff]Possible[/color]/[color=#ff3333]No[/color]
[*]Can the GM be expected to lie? [color=#33cc33]Yes[/color]/[color=#ff3333]No[/color]
[*]Is this a [url=http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bastard_Mod]Bastard round[/url]? [color=#33cc33]Yes[/color]/[color=#ff3333]No[/color]
[*]The round starts in the [color=#33ffff]Day[/color] / [color=#3366ff]Night[/color]
[*]Player Ratio: ([color=#ff3333]M[/color] : [color=#33cc33]T[/color] : [color=#ff33ff]I[/color])
[*]Players [u]may[/u]/[u]may not[/u] vote 'no-lynch' in the day.
[*]In the event of a tie, there will be [u]no-lynch[/u] / [u]random lynch between ties[/u] / [u]a tiebreaker[/u].
[*]If a player fails to vote, he will vote [u]no-lynch[/u] / [u]randomly[/u].
[*]Players who fail to submit their night action (if any) will [u]take no action[/u] / [u]act randomly[/u].
[/list]
[*][u]New Specific Rules:[/u]
[list=1][*]blah blah blah
[/list][/spoiler]

Mafia Set #1 - Ramond's Mafia Thread #1
Ramond Round 1; 12p (1 April 2009 - 25 April 2009) - There used to be multiple levels of accusations (Click to View)
Ramond Round 2; 15p (27 April 2009 - 10 May 2009) (Click to View)
Ramond Round 3; 12p (12 May 2009 - 27 May 2009) (Click to View)
Ramond Round 4; 13p (5 June 2009 - 20 Jun 2009) - Aborted due to inactivity (Click to View)
Ramond Round 5; 13p (29 June 2009 - 15 July 2009) - 1st Mafia to ever have died + 1st Town win! (Click to View)
Ramond Round 6; 12p (20 July 2009 - 28 July 2009) (Click to View)
Ramond Round 7; 13p (30 July 2009 - 7 August 2009) - Very swingy game (Click to View)
Ramond Round 8; 12p (19 August - 29 August 2009) (Click to View)
Ramond Round 9; 15p (5 September 2009 - 21 September 2009) (Click to View)
Ramond Round 10; 10p (10 October 2009 - 20 October 2009) (Click to View)
Phil Lost Mod Round 1(Ramond #11); 12p (27 October 2009 - 5 November 2009) - Aborted as Phil had to leave. (Click to View)
Darl Round 1 (Ramond #12); 12p (12 November 2009 - 6 December 2009) - Aborted due to inactivity (Click to View)

Mafia Set #2: Ramond's Mafia Thread #2
Ramond#2 Round 1; 17+1p (23 February 2010 - 10 April 2010) - Special "Apocalipsis" joke role (Click to View)
Ramond#2 Round 2; 9p(29 April 2010 - 23 May 2010) - Special multi-role round (Click to View)
Ramond#2 Round 3; 10p (15 August 2010 - 22 August 2010) - Fastest Mafia loss ever. (Click to View)
Ramond#2 Round 4; 10p (1 September 2010 - 9 September 2010) - Contains love pair (Click to View)
Ramond#2 Round 5; 10p (12 November 2010 - 7 February 2011) - Bastard Round (Click to View)
Ramond#2 Round 6; 11p (29 April 2011 - 21 May 2011) - Multi-Role Round (Click to View)
Ramond#2 Round 7; 11p (24 June 2011 - 21 September 2011) (Click to View)

Mafia Zombies: Alblaka's Zombie Night
This is a very complex mafia-style game. Alblaka already has a summary in the first post itself!

Mafia Set #3: Ariel/Design Heaven's Mafia Thread

Ariel Round 1; 9+1p (5 April 2013 - 12 April 2013) - Serial Killer & Medic teamed up (Click to View)
Ariel Round 2; 12p (17 May 2013 - 21 June 2013) - No idea who the doctor was; Ariel never revealed at the end. (Click to View)
Ariel Round 3 "R1"; 7p (15 April 2015 - 19 April 2015) - Day 1 Start. Zombie midgame. Restored LutiChris' deleted posts. (Click to View)
Ariel Round 4 "R2"; 8p (26 April 2015 - 9 May 2015) - Day 1 Start. (Click to View)
Ariel Round 5 (Broken); 6p (12 May 2015 - 13 May 2015) - Special Assassination Round. Game broken by PM system. Forgot who Julian was. (Click to View)
Ariel Round 6 "R3"; 12p (18 May 2015 - 14 June 2015) (Click to View)
Ramond#3 Round 1; 13p (2 January 2016 - 21 January 2016)" - Thugs win if Mafia win. (Click to View)

New Mafia Rounds. They now have their own threads.
Ramond's RaMafia Round 1 (GM Draw); 17p (26 January 2016 - 23 February 2016) - Special Multi-Role Closed Round, Recruiting 3rd Party, Fake Host PM ability, Massclaim Role Reveal (Click to View)
STM1993 Classic Round 1; 14p (27 February 2016 - 8 March 2016) - A very close fight! (Click to View)
Ramond's RaMafia Werewolf; 11p (18 March 2016 - 25 March 2016) - Werewolves surrendered due to an exploit (Click to View)

Mafia on Discord, so no official threads and servers are not archived. There may be non-LFE players joining too.
Discord Classic Mafia Round 1; 9p (4th January 2017) - This was the first Discord Mafia, it was a test round. (Click to View)
Discord RaMafia Round 2; 11p (4th January 2017) - Pretty disastrous round at the beginning, but the Townies still succeeded! (Click to View)
Discord RaMafia Round 3; 9p (5th January 2017) - Excellent blocking & trapping in this game. (Click to View)
Discord RaMafia Round 4; 10p (5th January 2017) - Terrible luck for the Town this luck. (Click to View)
Discord STM Normal Round 5; 7p (7th January 2017) - Due to some screenshots the game was slightly ruined. (Click to View)
Discord STM Terminator Round 6; 8p (7th January 2017) - A little bit different from the forum thread's rules. (Click to View)
Discord Ramond LF2 Round 7; 8p (8th January 2017) - LF2 round with Ramond's revised rules. It ended too quickly. (Click to View)

Template:
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Wow! Nice job on doing all this! It seems that you really plan to become the ultimate Mafia master on LFE.

I do need to hint though you overlooked a set of Mafia games that took place between Ramond #1 and Ariel: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=4465
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: STM1993
Amazing. Thanks for all the effort you are putting into this!
Thanks given by:
Wow I can't even remember most of those games, damn, I was playing alot back then :D
Won 11 rounds and lost 8... not as good as I remembered :D and apparently I suck as mafia
Citizen 10 - 5
Mafia 1 - 3
I was mafia 4 times... and lost 3 of those, I don't even understand why nobody trusts me then :D I've been on citizen side way more often and got way more wins there :o
Thanks given by:
w/l
town 3/1
mafia 2/2

whoa I didn't know I'm a quite prominent mafia (and get it far too often...). Also, @Nave that one win as mafia is the one where we both were the bad guys, right? :D
Thanks given by:
yeah, we're the dreamteam! 100% winratio!
Thanks given by:
I played 15 games, 2 were aborted. I never lost as citizen (9W-1D-0L-1A), but I never won as mafia (0W-0D-1L-1A).
Each time I got a special/weird role, I lost (Apocalipsis and Lyncher).

Mafia win ratio is only 5/23 o.o

Edit:
@TheNave
You only missed 4 games, madness.
Thanks given by:
cant belive it has almost been 7 years when we played the first mafia game ever...
Thanks given by:
@nave
you and simon? in that hosted by DH?
i remember that you lynched me in the first day coz i was inactive :p maybe you would not win other way else. also other players were too bad to understand you were mafia.
Thanks given by:
yeah yeah you can call it that or you could actually acknowledge the skill put into winning 50% of the games in which I've been mafia, when overall mafia win rate is 5/23. muahahah the pride is real here :D
Thanks given by: