Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RaMafia 2 - Wrath of the Werewolves
I noticed that interest was still here, so I'm proposing another new setup that bends the rules a little.

In general, usual Mafia rules apply with the following exceptions. Anything on the list is debatable, and I wish for people to chip in and suggest any changes they think might benefit the game flow for everybody.

List of special rules:
  • The game takes place in a medieval-fantasy setting. The anti-town fraction are Werewolves.
  • The Werewolves are not considered own roles. They simply have the anti-town alignment along with their role.
  • When a person is lynched, his role is revealed, but his alignment (town or werewolf) is not.
  • The initial Werewolf:Town ratio in the game is known.
  • The distribution of roles in the game is unknown.
  • Current list of roles with their abilities known to public. There will be a balanced distribution with multiple roles occurring. I'll gladly take suggestions for more/fewer/changes in roles.
    • All of the following abilities may not be used on the same person two consecutive times. Also, their usage is completely optional.
    • Knight: Protects another player during the night.
    • Scout: Checks a player's exact role.
    • Seer: Checks who a player targets, or who targeted a player.
    • Bard: Assigns a secret lynch vote to a player each day.
    • Occultist: Resurrects another player for the next day without abilities.
    • Hunter: Kills another player on death.
    • Inquisitor: Checks an alive player's alignment. (Includes resurrected players.)
    • Witch: Checks a dead player's alignment.*
    • *The Witch's ability will be merged into the Inquisitor's, if there are not sufficient people.
  • Ghost talk is enabled. That includes private conversations.
  • Private talk is allowed.
  • I will post PM templates of all the roles here after they've been settled to defuse PM faking.
  • Night rounds will be split into phases, to make specific ability interactions more consistent.
  • When a night victim survives, neither will his name be published nor will he get any notion of it.
  • Werewolf to Town ratio will be approximately 2:5. (Anywhere between 1:2 and 1:3, actually.)

I will add to this list as I remember more details. If there's some obvious game-breaking strategy, please point it out.

About the round itself, I will give at least a week's time before I would start it, to let the previous round pass in our minds.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak , A-Man , mfc
oh boy, that sounds complex :D
im in nonetheless. i will post later if i find any loopholes in the rules or have other suggestions.
Thanks given by:
I'm in!
Thanks given by:
nave is werewolf, no doubt.
Thanks given by:
Sounds good and I really like the idea so far. Neat! Though I did not see any role that could be warewolf.

I'm in btw.
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
Are those the only roles or more are going to be added? They seem so limited because the participation will be much higher this time.

Also I'm in.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[Image: 11twnjn.png]
I need a spriter to help in my All Stars Project.. So if anyone interested, please contact me.
Thanks given by:
The clue is that the roles aren't unique. There could theoretically be 3 Knights or 2 Scouts of which one is a werewolf. Even an Inquisitor could be a werewolf and provide false information on others.

The hiding of the exact role distribution should also encourage players to lie about their roles in specific situations.
Thanks given by:
In!
Quote:Ghost talk is strictly forbidden.
I suppose that also applies for any sort of "last words"?

How about every user optionally PMing you a final message or a will of n-characters with his role related PM? When that person dies, the last will he sent can be announced. People may not send you links or any sort of extensible media. Like the message should be self-contained and not require any other resources to complete it.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Bamboori
I thought about it but decided against it, because we will probably have at least one Occultist :D

The dead players shall then unleash their rage on their perpetrators during their short undead life. Also if there are multiple dead people, the occultist would need to consider who could have most valuable information or insights.
Thanks given by:
Oh so no unique roles this time? This time it will be easier for people to lie and claim what they aren't because most of the players may have same role. That may make the game less fun. But just my thoughts.
[Image: 11twnjn.png]
I need a spriter to help in my All Stars Project.. So if anyone interested, please contact me.
Thanks given by: