Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stage: How to spawn character as an ally?
Hello, I'm new here, and I'd love to ask about data changing here.
I want to spawn a character in a stage mode in a specific coordinate and make him/her as an ally (not as boss). The concept is the same when you remove all weapons list from data.txt, and when automatically weapon fall from the skies (let's say it's stick), it spawn template or the most upper character in data.txt order as a neutral (neither boss nor friend), since weapon file can't be found by the system.

Well, how do you spawn the character programmatically? Thanks in advance!
Thanks given by:
http://lf-empire.de/lf2-empire/advanced-...ero-placer
Thanks given by: arubiandesu
^ What empirefantasy linked above is for exact coordinates. If you don't need it to be super precise, you can just settle for something like:
id: 30 hp: 0 x: -500 y: -700 act: 180 join: 80
- what it'd do is make a bandit fall from the sky from behind (behind to hide the "I join you" message) and then wake up with 80hp. The act: 180 isn't important in this case, but it does make the Bandit spawn into falling frame. The main downside is that you can't use the "reserve" tag that criminals have for extra lives.

If you are thinking of simply spawning a criminal into a freed state, that won't work - criminals are actually enemies until you punch them, whereupon they change team. You can take advantage of this team-changing property though, and with a criminal method you can make the "reserve" tag work.

(the following paragraph is theory that I've not tried before & I've never used the zero placer, so no guarantees it'd work)

You could make the ally's character data have a frame where he is in state 14 (dvy: 550 to make sure he stays in midair before it triggers) with a next that goes into frame 212, or even a frame with wait 0 dvx: (x-coordinate) with a next that goes to yet another frame with dvx: 550 before going into frame 212. Then all you have to do is use act: to spawn the ally in that frame.

If you need it to be super precise with the zero placer, you could use the zero placer to grab the "ally" into the above-mentioned state 14 so that he can be converted into an ally.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: arubiandesu
@up
yes you can use reserve in this case by using tag "join-reserve: X"
Thanks given by: AmadisLFE
(02-18-2016, 08:28 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  @up
yes you can use reserve in this case by using tag "join-reserve: X"
Just tried out the join-reserve: tag. Didn't work.
id: 30  hp: 0 x: 500 y: -700 join: 80 reserve: 3 join-reserve: 5
(note: I have tried it with and without the reserve/join-reserve tags removed)
What happened is that the bandit spawns at x: 500 in the air and falls to the ground. There is a x3 number on his head. When he wakes up and joins, the number disappears and there's no reserves on the guy. I made sure he died in case its the HUD not showing up and he didn't respawn.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
oops it's "join_reserve"

EDIT:
@Ramond here is where i discovered it a few years ago
http://gjp4860sev.myweb.hinet.net/lf2/page1.htm

Ramond edited this post 02-20-2016 10:54 AM because:
Wow and I thought the days of finding new DCing tags was over. Never heard of that before, but if it works, really interesting.
Thanks given by: STM1993
(02-18-2016, 05:21 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  http://lf-empire.de/lf2-empire/advanced-...ero-placer

Thanks for your suggestion. I will start learning it.

(02-18-2016, 07:13 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  ^ What empirefantasy linked above is for exact coordinates. If you don't need it to be super precise, you can just settle for something like:
id: 30 hp: 0 x: -500 y: -700 act: 180 join: 80
- what it'd do is make a bandit fall from the sky from behind (behind to hide the "I join you" message) and then wake up with 80hp. The act: 180 isn't important in this case, but it does make the Bandit spawn into falling frame. The main downside is that you can't use the "reserve" tag that criminals have for extra lives.

If you are thinking of simply spawning a criminal into a freed state, that won't work - criminals are actually enemies until you punch them, whereupon they change team. You can take advantage of this team-changing property though, and with a criminal method you can make the "reserve" tag work.

(the following paragraph is theory that I've not tried before & I've never used the zero placer, so no guarantees it'd work)

You could make the ally's character data have a frame where he is in state 14 (dvy: 550 to make sure he stays in midair before it triggers) with a next that goes into frame 212, or even a frame with wait 0 dvx: (x-coordinate) with a next that goes to yet another frame with dvx: 550 before going into frame 212. Then all you have to do is use act: to spawn the ally in that frame.

If you need it to be super precise with the zero placer, you could use the zero placer to grab the "ally" into the above-mentioned state 14 so that he can be converted into an ally.

Thanks a lot for your explanation.! It works for me and saves my time.
Thanks given by: