Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stage: Please teach me some advanced stuff.
I'm making a stage now, and I want to make a black screen when it start. I've seen it in some game. And I can write some text in it ex: stage 1-1, Welcome to LF2 World....
And can I make the 3rd team in stage? they will attack the enemy team and player team. And the enemy will also fight with them.
THank you and Sorry for my bad English.
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2016, 07:33 AM)nhatnamyugi Wrote:  I'm making a stage now, and I want to make a black screen when it start. I've seen it in some game. And I can write some text in it ex: stage 1-1, Welcome to LF2 World....
And can I make the 3rd team in stage? they will attack the enemy team and player team. And the enemy will also fight with them.
THank you and Sorry for my bad English.

I doubt that a 3rd team is possible, unless Hex Editing is used, The Black Screen/Introduction Screen, I guess that would be pretty self explanatory.

About the 3rd team, you could try to make objects that transform into a mob with state 8xxx xxx is for id numbers such as 8001, 8010 or 8100, but you need a second spritesheet starting at 140, use the random criminal characters for any character that has more than 2 or more than two spritesheets, by more than 2, I mean the 0 and the 1 spritesheets, maybe it will then be an independent team, I have never actually tried it.
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by: nhatnamyugi
Quote:The Black Screen/Introduction Screen, I guess that would be pretty self explanatory.
Self-explanatory? Come on :\

@op:
You can spawn the message object in the right position, just like you do with milk bottles. Spawning characters like that too will make them fight independent, but not in a team. If you want them to fight in a team of their own, then try spawning an object which opoints the characters altogether.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: nhatnamyugi
(02-04-2016, 07:33 AM)nhatnamyugi Wrote:  I'm making a stage now, and I want to make a black screen when it start. I've seen it in some game. And I can write some text in it ex: stage 1-1, Welcome to LF2 World....
The best way to do it is:
1) In stage, create a character on the LEFT side of the stage (x: -300 for example). Preferably, this character is Bandit so as to hide the "Com". You can also use criminal to do this, but if you use criminal on its own, the stage will continue as if you've killed all enemies.

2) This character should opoint a type 3 ball with state 3005 with hit_j: 99 with a small wait. This will ensure that the ball will always be on the bottom of the z-axis AND ensures that the ball cannot be blocked by other objects, otherwise sometimes the text you want to show will sometimes be higher/lower than you want and make it possible for a character to just walk to the bottom of the stage and not be blocked by the text. Conversely, if you don't want to make a blackscreen text that blocks everything, you should use hit_j: 1.

3) After a small wait, the ball goes into state 9997 (remember to apply dvz: 550). In this frame, you can now show the text. The reason why I told you to spawn the character creating the ball on the left is because the mainsite said that state 9997 has some problems showing sprites larger than 80px wide on the right, but I don't know if that info is accurate anymore.

You can look at LF2_SV for an example on how this mechanic is done to create dialogue. RN-LF2 also uses a similar system for Stage 1-1 that does exactly what you want, but its not as refined since the text tends to jump about since it doesn't use state 9997.

(02-04-2016, 07:33 AM)nhatnamyugi Wrote:  And can I make the 3rd team in stage? they will attack the enemy team and player team. And the enemy will also fight with them.
If I remember correctly, weapons are independent. So what you can do is spawn a weapon in stage, which in turn opoints or transforms(state 8xxx, remember to make the _b sprites) into the character you want.

I'm not sure about the spawned character's HP if you use transform, but for the opoint method, regardless if you play on Easy/Crazy, the HP of the spawned character will always be 500.

Anyway, the biggest problem with having a 3rd team in Stage mode is that the AI will still behave as though it were in the player's team 1; the only difference is that this independent character can hit you if you get in his way. It used to be possible to select your team in LF2 (back in version 1.7), and this behavior must have been left over.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: nhatnamyugi , A-Man , filiop
(02-04-2016, 10:28 AM)STM1993 Wrote:  The reason why I told you to spawn the character creating the ball on the left is because the mainsite said that state 9997 has some problems showing sprites larger than 80px wide on the right, but I don't know if that info is accurate anymore.

It isn't a problem now. :D. I think it was fixed. Because all of my message are larger than 80px.
Thanks given by: