Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre New Year Resolutions
@Marko
you are learning by yourself advanced psychology? pretty good objectives man xD

As for me I haven't had any objective for 2015. now for 2016 let's think about anything in particular to do.
-try to raise my grades in order to continue master
-start learning german as I hope to complete any master in Austria but language is needed here
-improve some programming skills and doing any job for money
-have more sex and more gf of course :P
-start learning anything interesting would be nice but just optional
Thanks given by:
I want to be able to solve a 3x3 rubix cube.
Thanks given by: A-Man , AmadisLFE
(12-14-2015, 08:58 AM)MnM Wrote:  I really wanted to comment on the piano part though @Azriel . Marvelous skill. Right hand and left hand should do different different movements. The only piano I was able to play was in the game Piano tiles yo :P .

haha, I used to play O2Jam, but I never got good at it

(12-15-2015, 10:58 AM)AmadisLFE Wrote:  And honestly, No I didn't do what I was trying to do :-/

Do it!

http://blog.azriel.im/2015/12/retrospect-2015-satisfied.html

If everyone stuck to doing something towards each goal, consistently, then they'll reach them eventually.
Thanks given by:
i didnt really have any resolutions for last year. this year though i want to get my life together. i recently moved out and still need to tidy the whole flat. also i quit my part time job to focus on studying... ive been really lacking that recently. oh and when i have the time i want to start gaining a passive income.

also azriel, what app did you use for your resolutions statistics?
Thanks given by:
'16 New Year Resolutions

1. Not to kill myself from boredom/ Not to die from seeking petty thrills.
2. Start eating more healthy/ Run at least two marathons.
3. Edit my book/ Show it to some publishers.
4. Read at least 300 books/ (Read a 100 books in '15).
5. Maybe take up LF2 styled spriting/ Like, one sprite per week, or so.
Thanks given by: Marko
(01-04-2016, 01:06 AM)Bamboori Wrote:  i didnt really have any resolutions for last year. this year though i want to get my life together. i recently moved out and still need to tidy the whole flat. also i quit my part time job to focus on studying... ive been really lacking that recently. oh and when i have the time i want to start gaining a passive income.

also azriel, what app did you use for your resolutions statistics?

Moving out's a pretty big deal, good luck on that :thumbsup:

If you mean the time tracking, I use [Jiffy]

@klodasmone
300 books a year is a lot, it's nearly a book a day minus the weekends
Thanks given by: Bamboori
' Wrote:300 books a year is a lot, it's nearly a book a day minus the weekends

When I was a teen, I've read a few books about mentalism, and in another few months I taught myself speed-reading; that minus sleep time is what helps me plow through 40k of words in ~4 hours...
Thanks given by:
And how did it go?
Thanks given by:
Hah, terrible =D.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Gad
My resolutions from last year Wrote:- finish 4th grade with an A.
- graduate with an excellent grades, sign in to good college, possibly fee free...
- leave everything alone and read those books i have to once for all

I didn't finish 4th grade with an A (was pretty close tho), but regardless i got into one of the best if not the best college in Croatia, in my field, and i am doing pretty good so far, so i guess, at the end it didn't even matter. I am satisfied with that. I succeed. :)

Haha i don't actually remember what books i thought i have to read, if it was considering school, i haven't but still it worked for the best, if i thought about some psychology books, i read a few. That's not enough, still want to improve on that matter.

Okay, new year new resolutions.
In 2017 i want to...

college and career:
- improve my work ethics, my laziness is the biggest problem i have atm. A week ago, it brought me to the brink of failing a subject so that's definitely something i need to work on.
- finish first year in deadlines so i don't have to pay any fee for the next year
- find a part time job to make atleast enough money to be able to feed myself independetly and to be able to party once in a while

social life:
- get rid of every bit of anxiety that it's still left. I want to be able to connect with strangers effortlessly.
- implement a firm eye contact, an apposite touch and few other basic things as a second nature..
- be able to get out of the comfort zone repeatedly and start taking risks considering love life
- learn how to vocally express myself (+ work on speaking english)
- compliment people a bit more, to spread a good vibe
- learn to feel the moment when it's not time to use sarcasm :D
- keep improving my "comedy"

health:
- start working out and being physically active along side playing football
- not overdo with drinking
- start eating more varied food (also to learn more about it)
- implement any sort of meditation (and perhapse lucid dreams) into my daily routine

others:
- learn basics of massage
- learn more about concepts of self defense
- appriciate family a bit more
- keep being open minded
- never stop working on myself
EDIT:
- get rid of all biases
- start playing chess regularly to develop all sorts of skills
- keep updating this list
Thanks given by: