Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Special bdys only being hit once
Hello again peeps! (being on and off and this project is soooo weird)

I'm sorry I tabbed into the "send post" and pressed space which somehow sent the unfinished post.

I fixed a part of my problem while actually writting this post, but I'll explain what happens:

I'm working on a mod with several layers: 1 for physical attacks (itrs and bdys at 0), 1 for projectiles (itrs and bdys at -1000)
and 1 for magical attacks (itrs and bdys at -2000)

So far all attacks hit the characters as they should(all charas have at least the 3 mentioned bdys).
The only problem I get is that they are only getting hit once by an attack that should hit several times.

When the attack happens on y: 0 or around that, it works just fine, but when I move it to -2000 (magical bubble for example), it just hits once.
Also the little "hit" effect doesn't appear or appears way lower than it should be(I suspect this is because it appears on the layer it's on).

I'd appreciate if you could help me figure out why this is happening~

Edit: I'm really sorry I just noticed it's because my falling frames didn't have the modified bdys ._. If someone could delete this it would be nice haha~
And Then Will There Be None?
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2015, 03:21 AM)GentleSlayer Wrote:  ...
So far all attacks hit the characters as they should(all charas have at least the 3 mentioned bdys).
The only problem I get is that they are only getting hit once by an attack that should hit several times.

When the attack happens on y: 0 or around that, it works just fine, but when I move it to -2000 (magical bubble for example), it just hits once.
Also the little "hit" effect doesn't appear or appears way lower than it should be(I suspect this is because it appears on the layer it's on).
First thing, check coordinates. If you have an itr at x: 50 y: 75 and a bdy at x: 50 y: 40 and you want to raise this layer to y: -2000, you need to MINUS 2000 from that number, so it should be x: 50 y: -1925 and x: 50 y: -1960 respectively, not y: -2075 or y: -2040. Personally I'd recommend using a positive y value so that it'd be unreachable below the ground instead of high up in the air.

Second thing, check your "vrest" or "arest" values. This value states the amount of time before this object's itr can hit again - v for victim(allowing you to hit multiple opponents), a for attacker(to hit only one person).

Third thing, if you have two itrs overlapping, the one on top is the first one to be read and therefore has priority over the other itrs/bdys.

Last but not least, as you have guessed, the hit effect's position may be wrong precisely because they are dependent on the coordinates of the itr or bdy. I'm not sure which one exactly determines the hit effect's location (whether its the bdy or the itr that determines), but one thing you can do to re-add a hit-effect is to opoint an ik8 object that interacts with an injured frame's bdy. Not a perfect solution since ik8 will hit teammates as well, but it works.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: T.O.R.N.A.D.O
STM1993 Wrote:First thing, check coordinates.
Thanks for you answer! I figured that out while writing my post haha
STM1993 Wrote:check your "vrest" or "arest" values
The problem was my hurt and falling frames not having the modified bdys, thus
making the attacks pass through.

STM1993 Wrote:I'd recommend using a positive y value
Weeeeeeell the positive values are reserved for the "element absorption" part of my mod :3

And as for the hit effect I'll just have to deal with it not appearing (which isn't that bad)

Since my changes worked on a few attacks and on a random char, I went ahead and added all the knew itrs to the attacks (without changing the other charaters) but now 2 of them are unusable... I have to find the culprits in the 40 .dat files ._. However I think I can narrow it down the only the .dat that are used by that specific character O:

Sorry was spacing out, Thanks again for your answer STM1993!!
And Then Will There Be None?
Thanks given by: