Poll: Would you like one on LFE?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
90.91%
10 90.91%
No
9.09%
1 9.09%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Philosophy Subforum
We've been getting more philosophy related topics in the general discussion sub-forum than other types of threads:
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=10121
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=10089
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=10015
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=10061
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=10057

I don't know, what do you guys think of a Philosophy (or even Philosophy and Science) sub-forum?

Edit: Perhaps, we can have an "Aristotle" forum award too XD
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: MangaD , Gespenst , Rhino.Freak , LutiChris
This is actually a very good idea. As we all are aware, LF2 lives in the past and exudes legend. No matter how much we want it to return to its former glory - one cannot make pure clay of time's mud. In other words - LF2 is dying, to become just a blissful memory among the senior community and an ephemeral one to the junior community, that are now turning their attention to the contemporary games.

As such, LFE forums may only keep active nowadays if we bring in new subjects that could entertain both the senior and junior fellas. I cannot speak for the junior ones, but creating a sub-forum related to philosophy (politics aside please) sounds like a great idea for us old folk! I believe that we are all civilized enough to maintain interesting debates. ;)
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by: A-Man , Gespenst
I support this as well.

Would like to participate in these kind of discussions but I always feel too distant. Anyway, MangaD is right. Even from the moderators point of view I feel that the forum is much more mature and rich, I can remember the times when we had to keep clean every thread from immature content. It's definitely more sophisticated and chill nowadays. Feels like some kind of internet family, haha. But yeah. Good idea, fam!
Thanks given by: Gespenst
Most people google these stuff to get the answers. But I personally feel person to person interaction is more powerful than reading already written text, so we know whether it is all true and possible. up-voting this :) .
a.k.a firzenx or X.
Deviantart| Arts |sprites|FaceBook
I also support it, even if on the exam I got 5 out of 10, I still support :)
Nice to have such chat and such rich personas :)
Useful
Thanks given by:
MangaD Wrote:creating a sub-forum related to philosophy (politics aside please)

I'd actually encourage politics because it all stems from philosophy and our own values anyways.

I fully support the new subforum as it would get some of our views challenged on any issue. maybe we can also talk about current events/news articles as well. The LFE community has really helped me explore ideas and technical stuff regarding my artwork and other areas, you've all been like a huge part of my life and impacted the way i think. Having a fresh perspective from people who are in a different part of the world than we are is great and the community has that as well. And most of us already pretty much know each other because of the number of years of interaction we had spent online with contests, collaborations, and gaming. The community has given me a tendency to trust you guys. As i stray away from lf2 and dwell on other stuff i still would like to have you guys in my life. So talking about relevant issues in the media or engaging in other facets of our lives besides lf2 can strengthen the community. Not that it needs any more strengthening but it would be nice to get to know more about us as the years go by and maybe we'll change, have families and we'd still be connected in some way... i dunno i just find that remarkably fascinating how someone goes from their adolescent years and transforms into a completely different person in a way. yeah.. how awesome is that?^^;

[Image: tumblr_lpsua4c0FH1qiunvpo1_500.gif]
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by: Bamboori , Hellblazer
I am totally against politics as well.

(11-10-2015, 08:02 PM)LutiChris Wrote:  I'd actually encourage politics because it all stems from philosophy and their own values anyways.
All what remains of politics nowadays is pointless baseless conjecture and wild accusations which are often said to make the speaker sound more important and intelligent. You can't expect any constructive discussion developing from a political topic either.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: MangaD
As someone who still is struggling to find out my place in the universe, i'd welcome opposing sides as long as they are civil when addressing someone's arguments instead of twisting them so it would fit their views or agenda.

I only really got into it this year... maybe it had something to do with the youtube community I am currently hanging around with and the fact that donald trump has managed to entertain many including those who wanted no part in something so boring. i dunno what do you guys think?
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Contemporary politics stem from sophism, where truth comes second to rhetoric. Demagogues, puppets, liars. Debating over prejudice, ignorance and/or distorted facts is meaningless - rooting for clubs should be done elsewhere.

Philosophy is precisely the opposite of this, where truth is the ultimate goal. With its base on logic and solid premisses. This does not mean however, that we should not discuss certain subjects covered by politics. As long as there are solid facts and logic to it, instead of biased views and fallacies...
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by: LutiChris , A-Man
Here you go: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=60 ;)

For now, I moved the five threads from @Doctor A's post into this forum. If there are any other threads, please report 'em to deport 'em.

Enjoy :)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak , A-Man , MangaD , Gespenst , Simoneon , LutiChris , MnM , Ariyan