Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contest #22: Spriting challenge
(10-17-2015, 01:14 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  [*] Creature (i.e. something which does not exhibit humanly traits)

I might be nitpicking but does that also exclude creatures like harpies or medusas?
I mean, having an human like body with arms and legs and one head could be counted as human traits D:
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2015, 11:04 PM)Arcane Wrote:  
(10-17-2015, 01:14 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  [*] Creature (i.e. something which does not exhibit humanly traits)

I might be nitpicking but does that also exclude creatures like harpies or medusas?
I mean, having an human like body with arms and legs and one head could be counted as human traits D:

Make some creature like snail crab
Useful
Thanks given by:

Did my copy paste just get quoted by you O.O Oh god this is like a dream come true, shut up Amadis...

Anyway, I am in. Even though I might horribly lose, at least I will have something to do other than just sitting and playing Tactic Ogre Let us Cling Together on psp haha. I think I have a chance of getting in the top 50, if 50 people even join that is

@Ramond Thank you for the motivation, I will try my best.

Ramond edited this post 11-03-2015 10:21 AM because:
There are no losers in contests. Everybody is a winner as entering hopefully adds to your experience.
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
[Image: Li6NLRC.png]

This will be my Grunt ---> Hero/Main Entry.

I will be working on the other ones and no I do not wan t to be anonymous lol.

Heres another one from me for the Video Game Char/Anime Part of the Contest. Well Vegeta has been in many Video Games, so I guess he would count even if Anime wasn t there.

[Image: VANoBRL.png]

Original Looks (Click to View)
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by: Gespenst , A-Man , Hate , LutiChris , Rhino.Freak , MangaD
Entry for theme 1

[Image: knight_nongrunt_by_janisarcane-d9fv7p7.gif]

I hope I can come up with sth for the other themes too

Theme 4: Female

[Image: lfe_contest_female_by_janisarcane-d9fzxzb.gif]

Credits to apoc as I kind of remade the head of one of his sprites, after like 7 tries of creating a good looking female face I gave up.

@BP could u post, if there are any, the anonymous entries u already got and post em here?
Good works, you two! :)

(11-07-2015, 09:51 PM)Arcane Wrote:  @BP could u post, if there are any, the anonymous entries u already got and post em here?

Two people have submitted entries via PM so far. I'll ask them if they are okay with me posting their entries now (anonymously) or if they wish to have their sprites hidden until the voting-phase ;)

Êdít: both requested to keep their entries hidden until the voting starts. No anonsprites for now!
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
Hm doesnt seem that fair to me...
Evryone can choose tho u might say.
Anyway u get a decent advantage the way its handled right now by going anon and therefor almost forces u to do so.
Imo this will keep participation on the contest low as its not realy motivating to do sth for an empty thread.
At least thats how I feel, but oh well^^
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2015, 11:56 PM)Arcane Wrote:  Hm doesnt seem that fair to me...
Anyway u get a decent advantage the way its handled right now by going anon and therefor almost forces u to do so.
Imo this will keep participation on the contest low as its not realy motivating to do sth for an empty thread.

Well, one has provided another reason why he wants to keep his entries hidden (rephrased from the PM): @Arcane's knight shares similarities with this guy's sprite; hence one of you might think he'll be forced to make something different. This is, of course, not necessary, just an interesting coincidence.

Some people have such a unique style that it'd be obvious in some cases anyways but let's just assume that we don't know who made what and find out later on ;)

I can understand posting in a, from your perspective, spriteless thread is a little frustrating. One just has to keep in mind that there are 8 additional sprites lurking around. I can post (ir)regular status updates how many entries have been submitted so far.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2015, 11:56 PM)Arcane Wrote:  Hm doesnt seem that fair to me...

It is also not fair that you can see others' entries beforehand. It will give you an advantage over them as you know what you are up against, or it will demotivate you if you see that you cannot do better. But if you don't know, none of this will matter. What matters is your entry, that's all you should be focusing on. ;)
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by: Silverthorn , Gespenst
(11-12-2015, 12:38 PM)MangaD Wrote:  It is also not fair that you can see others' entries beforehand. It will give you an advantage over them as you know what you are up against, or it will demotivate you if you see that you cannot do better. But if you don't know, none of this will matter. What matters is your entry, that's all you should be focusing on. ;)

what?
thats exactly my point...
the other anon guy which made a similar sprite to my knight has a huge advantage atm.
Nvm I think the system should be overthought next time. the fact that they stay anonymous is one thing, u could still keep that but the fact of a bigger knowledge of information is badly handled.
apart from that the fact that some spriting styles are so unique that ud instantly see who made the work doesnt realy matter.
It makes no difference if I would now know who made a sprite or when it comes to voting. At least then we ll see the sprite anyway and also know who made it...
What do I care will post my other entries (if I still feel like doing some now) on the last day.
Thanks given by: