Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contest #22: Spriting challenge
And the countdown begins! Fella procrastinators, time to get to work!
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: prince_freeza , Bamboori , Rhino.Freak
I don't have a head now, I failed Horribly with my Bojack sprite, I completely failed with the animal sprite, and I completely failed female..............Yeah I will be working on my sprites :/ I don't want to enter with sprites that are completely failures. ( Working on my Sprites for Later Sprite Contests and Stuff, I think the only contest I have a chance in is Probably Dcing xD )

@v Thats never gonna happen until the next Spriting contest! Where I will be 10th Lol.
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
Eh, come on, I honestly didn't even start working on mine yet, and chances are I will best submit 2 if not 1 near the deadline. Everyone seems to be lazy regarding their entries. Maybe if you give it your all, you get the 3rd place or even close :P.
Time isn't an issue, because I, ugh, happen to be in this favorite place of mine called Pago Pago today *cough. And conveniently, it's still 2 AM here.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
In case someone says "Noone posted entry" "Low number of entries" "I don't have motivation because there are no entries"

Look, I submitted my entries when there was no entry.
Useful
Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak
when the compitition stops!? seems weird that timelines are diffrent and It says 1 Day left to me.
                            LF Extended                              [Image: 2518290.gif][Image: e38dd1f.gif][Image: 533172c.gif] (click on the pic)                       Deviantart
                            Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
first page sais before sunday so its 4pm friday in my country (germany). I guess I'll have the whole tomorrow then?

@mono
well not everyones like u :p
Dont get me wrong I understand u but thats just how most people tick.
Anyway I'd say its rather normal here at LFE that the most entries are done/submitted the last day before deadline (or rather last hours :D )
Thanks given by:
(11-27-2015, 02:19 PM)Housemate Wrote:  when the compitition stops!?

It seems this question has popped up several times, so I'll try to shed some light onto it. Basically, I handle the deadlines like with any other contest and (sporadic) notices about how much time is left. In case you forgot (which is absolutily see what I did there? reasonable, considering the delay that preceeded this contest), here's roughly what needs to be remembered:

- the deadline that counts is the one mentioned in the first post, anything else is just some sort of reminder.
- the clearest sign of when the submission time is over when you find this thread to be locked, typically accompanied by a "thanks for submissions, poll's going to be up soon"-post.
- as I have explained here, the event date is set to 29/11/2015 0:00 GMT. As this apparently leads to confusion, I have now changed the system a bit to reflect a little more realistic approach. Instead of being set to midnight, events are now treated as if they happen at noon at 12:00 of the set day (i.e. everything is shifted to the future by 12 hours). At the time of this post, that's roughly 1 day and 19 hours, rounded down to 1 day. Tomorrow it'll say something like "less than 1 day". Please, once again, note that I do not necessarily close the contest at noon. If I don't get any last-minute-pleads, it'll probably be around 19:00 GMT when I close this thread.

Hope this kind of helps ;)

Bonus info: 3 anon-submitters so far.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Gespenst , Bamboori
(11-27-2015, 05:22 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  
(11-27-2015, 02:19 PM)Housemate Wrote:  when the compitition stops!?

It seems this question has popped up several times, so I'll try to shed some light onto it. Basically, I handle the deadlines like with any other contest and (sporadic) notices about how much time is left. In case you forgot (which is absolutily see what I did there? reasonable, considering the delay that preceeded this contest), here's roughly what needs to be remembered:

- the deadline that counts is the one mentioned in the first post, anything else is just some sort of reminder.
- the clearest sign of when the submission time is over when you find this thread to be locked, typically accompanied by a "thanks for submissions, poll's going to be up soon"-post.
- as I have explained here, the event date is set to 29/11/2015 0:00 GMT. As this apparently leads to confusion, I have now changed the system a bit to reflect a little more realistic approach. Instead of being set to midnight, events are now treated as if they happen at noon at 12:00 of the set day (i.e. everything is shifted to the future by 12 hours). At the time of this post, that's roughly 1 day and 19 hours, rounded down to 1 day. Tomorrow it'll say something like "less than 1 day". Please, once again, note that I do not necessarily close the contest at noon. If I don't get any last-minute-pleads, it'll probably be around 19:00 GMT when I close this thread.

Hope this kind of helps ;)

Bonus info: 3 anon-submitters so far.

Do we have till tomorrow or nah o.o , I was like reading this 7 times and understanding nothing ...
                            LF Extended                              [Image: 2518290.gif][Image: e38dd1f.gif][Image: 533172c.gif] (click on the pic)                       Deviantart
                            Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
tl;dr
Deadline is Sunday, November 29th, somewhen in the evening at GMT. At the time of this post, there are about 48 hours remaining.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
Ugh shiii hopefully I'll be able to enter with a sprite lol. 2 days is enough for me XD
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by: